Top Gear

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Thundercracker
Protoform

Top Gear

Post by Thundercracker »

Anyone else ever watch it? A buddy of mine just introduced me to it and I can't believe I have been missing out on it. Suggestions for eps or seasons to watch is greatly appreciated
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Anything with Tiff Needell [/hasn't watched it since 1994]. Tiff actually nearly killed my uncle once, there's some trivial trivia for you.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I don't think it really matters which episodes/seasons you watch, it's decent enough fun but every episode is exactly the same.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

I must say that I watch a lot of Top Gear, TV3+ airs it a lot. I would recommend any episode that contains a "cheap car" challenges, it often has hilarious results. On the subject of seasons, I think that some of the most resent seasons have felt a bit....staged for lack of better word.
Thundercracker
Protoform

Post by Thundercracker »

Cliffjumper wrote:Anything with Tiff Needell [/hasn't watched it since 1994]. Tiff actually nearly killed my uncle once, there's some trivial trivia for you.
I will save that for the day I get on Jeopardy
The Futon, it's a couch that turns into a bed....the most disappointing transformer of all.
gymcandy655d
Protoform

It is rarely appriciated :)

Post by gymcandy655d »

It often has hilarious results,once, there's some trivial trivia for you.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

One of the big "trip" specials (the arctic, the us, Vietnam) would probably be your best bet.
I like bears.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

I love top gear. It was a bit wobbly for a few years (But still always funny) but has returned to greatness.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

I too like Top Gear.

Love it, actually. It's like classic Car and Driver, but with more bad jokes about a faceless driver and fewer about Yates' past exploits.

However, recently History Channel has been airing an Americanized version (more "clone" as either L&O UK or Steve Carell's The Office are "versions") of the show and it seems a complete waste of time.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

It's an awesome show.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I'm a fan of the races they do when they get touring car drivers to drive other vehicles. They've done camper vans, buses and airport vehicles.

Season 12 episode 5 has the buses race on it (I only know because that's the episode that's up on iplayer at the moment - before anyone starts thinking I'm a Top Gear nerd).

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Thundercracker
Protoform

Post by Thundercracker »

Sixswitch wrote:before anyone starts thinking I'm a ... nerd).

-Ss
We always have man.

I just saw the episode where they reviewed the new Ford Fiesta and I about lost it watching that review.
The Futon, it's a couch that turns into a bed....the most disappointing transformer of all.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

The one where they take a caravan holiday(not the one where they build there own mobile homes) is really good.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.