If you thought the European Alternators release schedule couldn't get any weirder...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

If you thought the European Alternators release schedule couldn't get any weirder...

Post by Nevermore »

Remember? Battle Ravage & Wheeljack out in Italy, Wheeljack out in Belgium, Prowl cancelled in the UK, Battle Ravage & Wheeljack supposedly next in the UK according to Hasbro at Toy Fair Europe.

Now, the new Argos catalog is answering the question what's to come next.

http://transformers.proboards1.com/inde ... 1121878502

Shockblast. Also, no Cybertron toys yet. Hrrrm.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
BigG26
Protoform

Post by BigG26 »

Hi all i've been a frequent visitor to this site for the last year or so and i'm greatful to any and everyone who has allowed me to keep upto date with all of my transformers needs. I just thought it was an appropriate time to join the forums because of the fact that i actually work for argos.

I'll be able to give any cat numbers when the new catalogue comes out this weekend. We should be allowed acces to it on Friday to give us a heads up on the new items in stock for anyone whos interested.

Gary
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Hey, can you confirm or debunk the claims that Hasbro UK is not distributing Alternators toys in the UK, but instead Argos is directly importing them (in European packaging!) from China?
BigG26
Protoform

Post by BigG26 »

As far as i'm aware the main suppliers for argos are an overseas company that supplies us with whatever it can get it's hands on. Thats the reason for Silverstreak being in several catalogues as is Windcharger going to be also (as far as i'm aware), BUT it has been known for the company to deal directly through Hasbro (look at the Prime and Megs twinpack in the last catalogue).

I just hope its true about Shockwave! God do i love that character!

I'll be able to give more info towards the end of the week.

Gary
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Just looked at Argos' online catologue. Its Swindle and Shockwave
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Maz picked up Shockblast...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread79222.html

Oddly enough, he comes in a US box, which means it's a US import, unlike Swindle and the others, who come in European packaging. :eyebrow:
BigG26
Protoform

Post by BigG26 »

Sorry I've not been back on earlier, p.c. had to be repaired. Just to let ppl know that i got my shockblast and swindle on saturday. It's always a bonus when you get a 10% discount!! Lol!

The company has taken in several thousand units of each item and each store will receive approx 3/4 of each tf. The rest will remain for home delivery unless a store proves to be popular and sells out. Just thought i'd let you know. Gary