RM Lio Convoy's profile translated... with a retroactive BW II revelation!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

RM Lio Convoy's profile translated... with a retroactive BW II revelation!

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Holy crap, that's...pretty cool.

I watched all of Beast Wars II and that never dawned on me. Most likely because I hated the show so much. Still, it is decent symmetry with Beast Wars taking place on Enerogia (prehistoric Earth).
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

they fight on the Earth of a future era, before entering the RM universe ... strange - where are humans of the future (or other sentient form of live)?
AutobotJazz
Protoform

Post by AutobotJazz »

Originally posted by Ghirox
they fight on the Earth of a future era, before entering the RM universe ... strange - where are humans of the future (or other sentient form of live)?

No offence but did you read the intial post on the linked site?

Guess it sets up a really nice symmetry with Beast Wars, which exists on ancient Earth. Makes BWII's story of a "civilization that became too powerful and destroyed itself" all the more interesting..

Human are not around anymore...future earth + no humans = we wiped ourselves out...which we seem destined to do anyway.
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth AutobotJazz:
Guess it sets up a really nice symmetry with Beast Wars, which exists on ancient Earth. Makes BWII's story of a "civilization that became too powerful and destroyed itself" all the more interesting..

Human are not around anymore...future earth + no humans = we wiped ourselves out...which we seem destined to do anyway.

Curious. I thought the former inhabitants of Gaea had merely abandoned the planet when they came to understand they couldn't control the Angolmois Energy. Before, I'd always assumed Gaea was a future Earth colony which existed during the future Beast Wars era.

Besides, future Earth plus no humans does not necessary equal 'we wiped ourselves out'. Given ten thousand or so years, there won't be any modern humans in any case. Humans might still exist in the Beast Wars 2 time, but not as Homo sapiens-type humans living on Earth.

The back story to Beast Wars 2 allows for either interpretation, really. Either humans got wiped out, or they evolved and moved on. Either way, civilization as we know it will cease to exist.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

What I don't get is that, if they're in the future, how come they can send transmissions back to present-day Cybertron without any trouble, while Primal and the rest on Enerogia (prehistoric Earth) can't?

For those who don't know, Artemis and Moon are television reporters, relaying events of the war on Gaea to Cybertron. Cybertron also sends reinforcements and what-not regularly (they sent the Maximals the Takotank).

I guess I'll have to think about it for a while.
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
What I don't get is that, if they're in the future, how come they can send transmissions back to present-day Cybertron without any trouble, while Primal and the rest on Enerogia (prehistoric Earth) can't?

For those who don't know, Artemis and Moon are television reporters, relaying events of the war on Gaea to Cybertron. Cybertron also sends reinforcements and what-not regularly (they sent the Maximals the Takotank).

I guess I'll have to think about it for a while.

I see it like this; They didn`t travel to the future from Cybertron. BWII takes place hundreds of years after G1. Plenty of time for humanity to wipe itself out, while Cybertron remains the same. So, LioConvoy and co. simply traveled from Cybertron to Gaia, where the human race had already been e¡xtinct, no time travel involved.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Darth Shrapnel
I see it like this; They didn`t travel to the future from Cybertron. BWII takes place hundreds of years after G1. Plenty of time for humanity to wipe itself out, while Cybertron remains the same. So, LioConvoy and co. simply traveled from Cybertron to Gaia, where the human race had already been e¡xtinct, no time travel involved.

But the problem is, how could they NOT know it was former-Earth when they landed there? They also seem to know very little about Gaea's previous inhabitants when Earthlings and Transformers still get along famously in Beast Wars-time (Megatron mentions them in Code of Hero).

I suppose the transmission issues can be solved by the fact that, unlike the Transformers on Enerogia, the Transformers on Gaea weren't stranded. They could leave anytime they wanted and had fully-functioning technology. Where-as Primal and crew were roughing it.

Still a bit of a plot-hole, though.
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

That's why I assumed Gaea was a colony of Earth, established a century or so from now and abandoned sometime before the future Beast Wars timeframe. In the G1 universe, interplanetary spaceflight was possible by 2024 or whenever Victory occured so there'd be plenty of time between now and the future Beast Wars time for Earth colonies to be established and abandoned.

If Leo Convoy and company didn't know Gaea was future Earth at first, perhaps when they finally figured out the connection, they might still have gotten it wrong. In which case, it could be argued that Gaea is not literally Earth. Yet the tech spec would still be right because Leo Convoy assumes he is fighting on future Earth and that's what he'd tell other Transformers.
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

Originally posted by AutobotJazz
No offence but did you read the intial post on the linked site?

no offence, sure, but i mentioned also
(or other sentient form of live)?
assuming that, if the humans are supposed self-destroyed, some other animal (cat, dog or dolphin) could evolve into sentient life, whit enough time to spent in the process.
IF this occourred, as Roadstripe mentioned in his post, human could exist in other than their actual (or BW) form.
More, there are no survivors? And why the environment appear not to be damnaged?

some pointless question, overall, but ....