A.W.O.L.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Gruff
Protoform

A.W.O.L.

Post by Gruff »

So yeah I've been away from here for several years now until I just randomly decided to stick my head back in.

Wow a lot has changed here, glad to see the community is still large and talking here. I see Cliffjumper is still posting but gotta ask about a few other guys I used to chat with on here and posted a lot back in the day, Brendocon, StoneCold Skywarp, Dr Spengler, Bombshell (the originator of the term "home slice" if I recall :lol:), Amarant Odinson. Well thats a few of the top of my head.

BTW what happened to the old TFArchive Wrestling Federation? That was a right laugh back in the day. sheesh, feel so old lol

How is everyone else? To all the new people I say "hello!!!" :wave:
Gruff 3:16 says Brendocon is da man!!Image
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Spengs is still around. The AWF is in the archives.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Bombshell died of terminal irony failure. Brend, IIRC, voiced Jetfire in ROTF.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

hello gruff! i am old, but new (ish) here. nice to meet you :wave:
Gruff
Protoform

Post by Gruff »

Denyer wrote:Spengs is still around. The AWF is in the archives.
Denyer!! Definitely remember you from the day, has the AWF been retired?
Cliffjumper wrote:Bombshell died of terminal irony failure. Brend, IIRC, voiced Jetfire in ROTF.
:lies::lies::lies:
Skyquake87 wrote:hello gruff! i am old, but new (ish) here. nice to meet you :wave:
:wave: nice to meet you too dude!!! :wave:
Gruff 3:16 says Brendocon is da man!!Image
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

E had a crack at restarting it a few times IIRC. Real life catches up with people.

The franchise is ticking over remarkably considering that the first generation of fans is now into its 30s, though.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The missing posters are all helping to destroy the Hive's machinery on Nebulos.
The franchise is ticking over remarkably considering that the first generation of fans is now into its 30s, though.
It's in better shape than I am.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Terome

Post by Terome »

I am from the old days too but only started actually posting here relatively recently. Can't say exactly why. Maybe a long-undiagnosed mental disorder cleared up. Either way, hello.

Transformers is everywhere these days. My favourite example of this is the story Bob Budiansky told about opening a door to a trick-or-treater dressed as Movie Bumblebee and him trying to convince the child's parent that he had, in fact, made up Bumblebee one weekend. That's probably the sort of thing that Alan Moore means when he talks about magic.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

"Honestly, I created Bumblebee, I'm not just a scary old man who looks like the bloke from Ghostbusters 2. Why don't you come down into my basement and I'll show you the original paperwork?...

Oh, he ran off for some reason..."
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Terome

Post by Terome »

inflatable dalek wrote:"Honestly, I created Bumblebee, I'm not just a scary old man who looks like the bloke from Ghostbusters 2. Why don't you come down into my basement and I'll show you the original paperwork?...

Oh, he ran off for some reason..."
Oddly enough, my mental portrait of Bob was always that of Dan Ackroyd from the first movie.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Viewfind/Transfans Reflector started the Homeslice thing. About the only thing Bombshell did that matters was get banned because mods thought I was an alt ID when I joined.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

A wild Shrapnel Clone appears!
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper