Should Gays Marry

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

Should Gays Marry?

Yes
77%
No
8%
Perhaps/Indifferent
15%

Total votes: 48

Sassy
Protoform

Should Gays Marry

Post by Sassy »

Okay so it's come to my attention that people want me to post deep intellectual threads that could lead to a good debate. Though I still think it's better for me to stick to pop culture and current events, in my opinion, they should be safer because no one should feel that deep and passionate about fluff pieces (not spam because they still can generate conversation). Anyhow here a controversial issue I haven't seen on the board (perhaps it's been posted and I've missed it even if it has posters and views change) either way everyone should have an opinion on it. It is both political and religious, the both/worst of both worlds. Should gay people marry?

P.S. I'll now proofread my threads even though that takes significantly longer, as a courtesy to the board.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

I'm gonna ask this once and once only.

Play f*cking nice.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Like Warp said...

I think I speak for all of us on staff with this, we're going to have a REAL short trigger on this one children!
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I say yes, basically, why should people be denied their right to marry just because they follow a different (and completely legal) sexual preferance.

absolutely love this
Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
I'm gonna ask this once and once only.

Play f*cking nice.

StoneCold places his question in the form of a command....

wasnt me having a go, or laughin at ya, just the you know, ask then order business, was a bit funny to me.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

I have nothing against Homosexuals ( be they men or women ) marrying.

Why shouldn't they be able to be happy? I don't see how it would be hurting anyone else.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
wasnt me having a go, or laughin at ya, just the you know, ask then order business, was a bit funny to me.

You'd know about it if I thought you were.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
You'd know about it if I thought you were.

phew good, i know things can be taken the wrong way on the net, so i thought clarification better than ramification...

But yes, i think the law stating gays cant marry is an outmoded concept, I can understand the religious side (barely, but i can) but with more and more marraiges lacking religion nowadays it is pointless to deny these people the chance to show how much they love each other. I mean... what effect would the marraige of two gay people have on your life? Unless you're worthless (or have some personal reason against those marrying) there shouldnt be any reason.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

StoneCold places his question in the form of a command....

It's the way he usually does things. ;)

Oh, and I voted yes.
malcos
Protoform

Post by malcos »

I agree with Random Sweep.
Thanks to Mininin for the sig.

Click here for Ravnica: City of Guilds spoilers
Originally posted by Sir Auros
fuci, everthing that movew!
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

I have nothing against Homosexuality myself, quite hard to do have I have good gay friends but I'm indifferent to the whole thing myself.
I'm more intrested in the law being changed to keep pedophiles off the streets and giving police powers to actually enforce the law and reduce crime effectively.
Things like what could be done against two world leaders who clearly broke the law and invaded a country on a trumpted up BS reason or how the international community can stop the smuggling of class A drugs or people.

This just seems so small in comparision.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Haha...brilliant! CP, your analysis of Warp's post has me in hysterics. That couldn't be better if it was set up.

I'm trying to decide if I should vote yes or indifferent...to me it has always been that it just doesn't matter, that everyone should be on the same footing. Neither the color of your skin, the god you believe in, or the type of sexual partners you choose should cause you to be denied the rights that everyone else is entitled to.

Saying that, I think I'll vote yes then.
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

"Should Gays Marry"?

No, I don't believe anyone should be forced to marry - just because they are gay doesn't mean that they need to immediately find another gay person and marry them...

Do I believe that Gays should have the right to marry? Yes. I just don't think it absolutely necessary that all of them exercise that right.
He's alive. Go figure.
Tiki Torch
Protoform

Post by Tiki Torch »

Originally posted by ThePeacemkr2
"Should Gays Marry"?

No, I don't believe anyone should be forced to marry - just because they are gay doesn't mean that they need to immediately find another gay person and marry them...

Do I believe that Gays should have the right to marry? Yes. I just don't think it absolutely necessary that all of them exercise that right.

exactly, if they want to, they should be allowed to, what would it hurt?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

StoneCold places his question in the form of a command
It wasn't a question, it was a request.

Go and look up 'ask', would-be-jester.
Should Gays Marry?
If they want to. The question's phrased as if you're putting a gun to people's heads and forcing them to...
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

If they want to. The question's phrased as if you're putting a gun to people's heads and forcing them to...

Marry dammit! *cock's hammer on gun" NOW!
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I don't see the harm in gays having the right to marry.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I actually did an argument paper over this topic last semester.

"The heart of the marriage debate is whether or not the government should recognize same-sex unions. However, no marriage should be legally acknowledged by the government because of the pre-existing statute that demands the separation of church and state. Civil unions, which could be made available to any two individuals, could still convey the legal and tax benefits that marriage currently sports, while marriage would remain a purely religious bond, unscathed by bureaucratic nomenclature and differentiation."

That was the opening statement. Wordy, huh? Basically, the solution is to take the government out of marriage, and marriage out of legal benefits. That way everybody gets the same rights, and marriage's integrity is upheld for it's relgious backers. Everybody wins!
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Yes. 100% Yes.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Xille
Protoform

Post by Xille »

Originally posted by Clay
That was the opening statement. Wordy, huh? Basically, the solution is to take the government out of marriage, and marriage out of legal benefits. That way everybody gets the same rights, and marriage's integrity is upheld for it's relgious backers. Everybody wins!

That was my argument for my "yes" vote.
Artwork by Jackpot, sig by Denyer. Both of them are awesome!
Click the sig to go to Jackpot's site.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

But yes, i think the law stating gays cant marry is an outmoded concept, I can understand the religious side (barely, but i can) but with more and more marraiges lacking religion nowadays it is pointless to deny these people the chance to show how much they love each other.

I voted ves.

I have several family members who are gay, including my father in law, and a few close friends are gay.

What this has to do with rights.....I have no idea.

Many of you here know that I serves in the military for a while. Right now, they still have the "dont ask, dont tell" clause. Idiots. :(

One of my instructors in basic was one of the finest human beings ever to walk the face of this planet, and he still is. It was a few years after I finished basic, that someone said that he had been ..."Asked to leave quietly."

Why? Because he made someone..'uncomfortable'.

Well, boo freaking hoo for them. It seems that the ones who really have the issues with gays and gays marrying are the ones who aren't comfortable with thier own sexuality.

And as for as it undermining the sancity of marriage....?

Excuse me while I laugh my ass off. The last I heard, over 50% of heterosexual marriages ended in divorce. If you have an issue with the sanctity of marriage, well theres a starting point.

And look at the celebrities who marry on a whim, and divorce sometimes only days later.

*coughBrittneySpearscough*

So, it's okay for 'straight' people to play the marriage merry-go-round, but it's not okay for gays to do so? Who gave you that right to tell them what they can do, and what they can't?

And a far as it being against many of the religious teachings...

Um, I remember there being this thing called the "Seperation of Church and State."

Sorry, rant over.

edit---we need a spell check. :p