Well, there goes half of my most anticipated concert events of the fall

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Scarrita
Protoform

Well, there goes half of my most anticipated concert events of the fall

Post by Scarrita »

I just recently found out that "due to medical reasons" Type O Negative will not be touring anytime soon due to Peter Steele's health. It seems that every time this band tours something always happens and I can't get to go see them. The thing that sucks the most is that Type O is my favorite band and I've never seen them live... that's sad.
I tell ya it is God's fault, he hates me... oh and he must hate Peter too I guess seeing how he has the whole "medical condition" thing now. In retrospect writing lyrics that say "f*ck you God" over and over in a song is a bad idea... but hey, what do I know?

*cough*too much drugs*cough*

Well there is always PJ Harvey... The other half of the equation for my concert events of the next several weeks. Another favorite of mine that I have yet to see... Now I'm just waiting for the news reports of a downed plane with her on it... I'm not kidding, it's gonna happen, either that or something else will prevent me from seeing her live. I'd wager my life (not really :p ) on it. I've got the tickets for this on so at least I didn't spend any money yet on the Type O show before the announcement... that really would have pissed me off.

The thing that annoys me the most is that when it comes to Type O something always gets in the way... It is like Im destined not to see them live, it's kind of scary how many times coincidence has gotten in the way of me seeing this band.
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

:(

Their live album rules.

But yes that is the suxor.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I love Type O... And now Peter's ill? That's so crap...

Not too fussed about concerts... I'm kind of used to not seeing the bands I like. But it does suck that they aren't going to tour. I've not heard any PJ Harvey, myself.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

Originally posted by saysadie
I've not heard any PJ Harvey, myself.

Polly is just musical brilliance personified. Back in the ninties she was put in the same group of artists as Bjork and Tori Amos. PJ is far superior in my eyes, and um... ears. She is easily my favorite singer/songwriter and the only musician on this planet whos love songs I like, most artist use waaaaaay too much sugar to coat that type of song and PJ doesn't use sugar at all and that is the way I like it.

"Shame" is the latest single from her newest album, "Uh Huh Her", it is also my favorite song of the album. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

The first time I heard that song I had goosebumps all over my body, it was a perfect moment and she along with Type O are the only artist out there that can elicit that type of resopnse from me regularly whenever I hear their music... that is a sad state of the music industry when only two acts can make me achieve that feeling, and I listen to ALOT of music.

Passion. Simply put that is what PJ is about. If you check out "Shame" and you like what you hear get more of her stuff, trust me you won't be dissapointed.
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
Garand

Post by Garand »

I never cared fot the genre in general, but after hunting and downloading files to replace my fiancee's October Rust CD (taht she's bought and had "let" people "borrow".. 5 times), I've developed a liking for it. Some fo the songs are rather romantic.. Kind of like the Barry White of grunge..