Well, my item is shipping . . . late.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
RID Scourge

Well, my item is shipping . . . late.

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, I bought a Crimson Sabotage set on ebay last week, and as soon as I clicked "Buy it now," I went straight to paypal and paid for it.

Now, the seller wrote"PAYMENT IS EXPECTED WITHIN 3 DAYS." in red letters in order that no one would miss it. If he expected that of me, shouldn't it be common courtesy for him to extend the same deadline in shipping the item after receiving the item, or at least to leave some explaination as to why it might be late in shipping?

"FEEDBACK WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS MINE IS RECIEVED DUE TO THE FACT THAT MANY PEOPLE ARE NOT POSTING FEEDBACK." Hmmm . . . wonder why. I won't be, either.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Sellers on ebay reserve the right to be assholes and ship your item whenever they feel like, and if they don't feel like it, that's TS for you.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Someone give me an idea of how long an envelope of comics would take to reach Springfield, VA from Southern Canada?

The seller told me it takes approx 3 weeks to reach the US. It took over 4 weeks for it to reach me. Was he bullsh1tting me?

Either way, NO FEEDBACK FOR YOU.

But yeah, sellers can be total dicks about sending stuff on time, as Auros said. At the very least, be thankful you didn't get ripped off. I got ripped off twice in a row by some people in Hong Kong when I was trying to buy a Sonic X DVD. Probably the same f*cker, too.

So yeah, I've sworn off an entire country (or at least just Hong Kong).
Batmanners
Protoform

Post by Batmanners »

Another thing about sellers that happened to my buddy...

He payed the item with paypal the second the auction closed, the seller then waited a week before sending the item. When it finally arrived, it was in very poor condition. So my buddy left a negative feedback saying "shipping was slow, item received in Bad Condition" so what the seller did was reply with a negative feedback of his own saying "Leaves bad feedback for good sellers"

...Like wtf? He did his part, you didn't hone up to you end of the bargain... Because you get a negative feedback doesn't mean the recipient deserves a negative feedback......typical assholeish type of stuff Sellers do...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Yeah, but at least anyone reading that feedback knows the seller's being an ass. It would have been far worse if the seller made up something like, "Non-paying bidder," or something else.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Which is why I choose not to leave feedback over leaving negative feedback. Cause you never know if the seller's going to be a petty little bitch and leave you negative feedback out of spite.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, the whole feedback system's slagged. I figure that I won't leave feedback unless he asks for it, and before I do, I'll warn him that I really can't leave anything better than neutral.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Don't get me started on "TheToyVault"... Avoid them if you can.
Batmanners
Protoform

Post by Batmanners »

I haven't had a bad experience yet, having only bought 2 things off Ebay...but I know that if a shippement of mine goes wrong I'dd much rather NOT leave feedback than get yet another negative feedback.

In March, I bid on 2 TF's which I planned on buying, but at the time, I lived at my parent's place, and my dad got screwed by our ISP about our bandwidth use (which was settled at their cost) but for a few months, I didn't have any access to the internet to know if I had won the items I bid on, so I got stuck with 2 very bad feedbacks. It took a while but I now have a score of +1, I can only buy one thing at a time so it takes forever to get what I payed for...which reminds me *adds money to his paypal*