Well, the PS3 has one thing going for it.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sir Auros

Well, the PS3 has one thing going for it.

Post by Sir Auros »

Even the "tard-pack" version will have HDMI support now. Still going to cost $500, but at least it won't run into bull**** copy protection issues in the future.

Still not even close to worth the price, but they did at least fix that crap.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Meh, Still the same price of an XBox 360 here right now. Will get one though, since most of my games are on the Playstation. Most likely will get the full version rather than the core or whatever they offer for cheaper.

Can't wait for FF XII and FF XIII though...
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Actually the 360 now with the HD-DVD drive will run you more than the tard pack and probably about the same as the regular PS3.

I am looking forward to see what comes out now. If I want a PS3 I'll save some cash aside for it no big deal. I am curious to see what they emulate though since that was brought up at TGS. If Sony was smart they would get a more exclusive deal with Sega and get Saturn and Dreamcast titles and PC-FX titles from Hudson. But anyway thats my 2 cents.

Edit- That and seeing some of the games at TGS are alot more my cup of tea than the first person mania *albeit some are quite fun* thats on the 360 and the games I've seen for the Wii.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

I will still get the more expensive version, but only after at least one price drop. After having a large library of PS2 games I know PS3 will not disapoint, it will be worth owning.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Ravage
Actually the 360 now with the HD-DVD drive will run you more than the tard pack and probably about the same as the regular PS3.

I'm not getting a PS3 because I'm not into Blu-Ray and I'm not getting the HD-DVD add on for similar reasons. I'll wait for the dust to settle in this format war (if it even happens, do people really want/need a new format?) before I get involved.
Originally posted by Plasmodium
After having a large library of PS2 games I know PS3 will not disapoint, it will be worth owning.
That is sooo ignorant fanboy talk. The Genesis had a library of great games too, but the Saturn...

The point is, if you're going to tow the Sony line, then at least do it rationally.
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

I heard that a patent has been issued in the US for a disk writing technique that can incorporate the standard DVD, Blu Ray and Hd all onto the same disk (something to do withthe depths each are ecthed at or somesuch), which could theoretically solve the whole issue.
On other news i hear that Sony have announced a 20% price drop for the low spec version in Japan, hopefully this will be carried on to the US and European markets but no word so far.
And finally when it comes to the issue of having the HD cable ready on both low and high spec set ups it seems from a Euorpean stand point that that is a bit of a mute point seeing as at the moment HD ready TV's have yet to take off at all oweing to the expensiveness of them so this change in Sony's policy is not going to make a huge change in opinion (form Europens at least). At least not till HD tv's come down in prices anyway, and i think to the casual gamer its not going to be an issue at all really.
One extra little ridbit form the currently runningTokyo Games Show, apparantly the head of Sonys games division was talking about the need for more original ideas for games and how the industry relies to much on games series and sequels etc, only for him to show trailers for the big new PS3 games of Final Fantasy XIII, Virtual Fighter 5, Ridge Racer 7 and MGS 4.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Well there are two ways to get the price drop here. Not buy the system or do what I did and write Sony. Hopefully if enough fans tell them hey drop the price they will.

Also, that didn't take into account many of Sony's new IP's as well God of War, Guitar Hero, Okami *I fubared that sorry*, etc, etc and I do realise Guitar Hero is now going to other systems but still.

I think we will see more new games but sequels as well. I mean sequels tend to sell even if they suck. Also, with what was shown at TGS there were some new original games for PS3 Lair looks just sick and I am sure there are more ill dig out when I look around.

Also, I don't see the big deal of buying a PS3 for the Blu-Ray games I am not overally worried about the movies but if it makes that much more space for game data then sweet I say.

Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
That is sooo ignorant fanboy talk. The Genesis had a library of great games too, but the Saturn...

The point is, if you're going to tow the Sony line, then at least do it rationally.

Genesis had good games? LOL. The point is I know what types of games the PS3 will get, and those are the types I like. MGS is my favorite game franchise and whatever console its on I will get, same with DMC and Final Fantasy but to a lesser extent. Xbox I have 0 interest in and the Wii has very little games so far that I'd be willing to get. The cube was pretty uneventful for games and I have a feeling the Wii will turn out the same, but it all depends on what comes out in the future.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I think what killed the Gamecube was crappy games like Star Fox Adventures that took a decent token game and ruined it with new gameplay that was poorly done. Or the whole Zelda screw up of hey it will be out this year, or next year, maybe the year after that? Ok how about when we launch our new game system?

Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

(if it even happens, do people really want/need a new format?)

I've felt the exact same thing. From what I've seen of HCTV it doesn't look any better really unless you directly compare it. Plus, like plasma screens if you are sitting to far to the left or right the colours go weird. DVD is quality enough for me.
As far as I can see excepting 20 somethings with to much disposible income after graduation and the need to obey what mens magazines say, nobody seems to need one or see why it's any better. Certainly not enough to splash out £500+ to watch the same films they brough only 2 years ago.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Ravage
Well there are two ways to get the price drop here. Not buy the system or do what I did and write Sony. Hopefully if enough fans tell them hey drop the price they will.

Meh, not likely. Sony has latched on to this notion of a 'luxury' console, so I doubt they're going to drop the price any time soon.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

This is how you sell a PS3....This is one great system!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... 0&type=wmv
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Here's how you don't sell a PS3. Seriously, you people buy this **** and you're setting us up for another videogame crash. Nobody's going to "buy" a "game" and then have to download everything but the engine.

Good use of all the Blu-Ray storage space, ****tards.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Don't forget they aren't going to drop the price in the States either. I am fine with a sizable expansion pack for say 5-20 bucks but a dollar a car!? **** THAT!

More and more I am glad I got the 360 and hell I am tempted to get a Wii and Red Steel out of spite.

slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Here's how you don't sell a PS3.
now that's pretty f*cked up... i've totally given up trying to follow next gen consoles. for the same money i'd rather have a real car.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Here's how you don't sell a PS3. Seriously, you people buy this **** and you're setting us up for another videogame crash. Nobody's going to "buy" a "game" and then have to download everything but the engine.

Good use of all the Blu-Ray storage space, ****tards.
Whatever. I don't play those sorts of games so it doesn't effect me. Unless somethign comes out which has good Japanese RPGs and that has at least 10 then its good enough for me. Unlike Xbox 360 which I don't see the reason of spending $500+ for 2 games plus future releases. Wii is a yes, PS3 is a Yes Xbox 360 maybe if the price drops.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by CloudStrifer
Whatever. I don't play those sorts of games so it doesn't effect me.

Yeah, we'll see how you like microtransactions with Final Fantasy XIV ships with one character and a sword with everything else unlockable for the low, low price of .35 each.
"insert name here"
Protoform

Post by "insert name here" »

the only good thing that I can see about the PS3 coming out is that the PS2 with probably drop in price even more, making me finally decide to buy it. (I like being way behind on these things)
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Yeah, we'll see how you like microtransactions with Final Fantasy XIV ships with one character and a sword with everything else unlockable for the low, low price of .35 each.
Well in that case guess I will have to buy it won't I?

Your comparison of GT to FF is hardly correct or even the same example. How do you advocate that buying cars for GT even relates to FF? In FF the characters are integral to the game and you need to recurit those that are important to get to where you want to go. In GT you just need one car and thats it.

Thus your example of me buying stuff is moot. Thankfully the Wii will make up for features and games that are missing from both consoles.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

You're just so ****ing stupid that it's not even worth explaining. Christ.