Well, MyFootballClub has done it...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Well, MyFootballClub has done it...

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 089473.stm

I'm actually gobsmacked that a team so high up the pyramid would be a party to this, financially knacked or not. This is basically insanity, and that someone like Liam Daish (okay, he was hardly a ****ing legend, but he was a pro) is going along with it... Sullivan might run a channel for little adults (or something), but he makes some good points, and I really feel for Ebbsfleet's fans... it's one thing to franchise (say, MK Dons, where the Wimbledon fans were able to set up their own club in response), but this is something else - anyone who doesn't like the idea of 20,000 unqualified bods picking the team now has to go somewhere else to watch footie... Lots of rich city boys will be treating their club like Championship Manager - sign a flash, expensive free agent, play 1-5-4, get relegated, do not renew stake.

Thoughts?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Boards picking players is always insanity. They can seldom agree on the one person who should be in charge of it... and this is just the notion writ stupid.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

huh.
that's a pretty interesting concept, but the only way I could see it working is moving towards a proxy system, which would undo a bulk of their effort.

way to drop 35 quid though, eh? imagine sitting round the pub spinning that yarn to some bird.
" Well, I had an uneventful week, bought a stake in a football club, bought some new shoes."
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

If the England team were selected this way we'd have won that last game...