Knock-off/Repro missles and accessories?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Notabot

Knock-off/Repro missles and accessories?

Post by Notabot »

I know it's doubtful, but is there anywhere that produces or sells reasonably priced weapons/easily lost parts for Transformers. I'm assuming no, given the wide variety of shapes and what not, but I vaguely remember a thread a while back that mentioned something along those lines. Of course, I could have imagined that part.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Notabot wrote:I know it's doubtful, but is there anywhere that produces or sells reasonably priced weapons/easily lost parts for Transformers. I'm assuming no, given the wide variety of shapes and what not, but I vaguely remember a thread a while back that mentioned something along those lines. Of course, I could have imagined that part.
I've never had much problem obtaining parts, especially when I'm "restoring" one of my flea market specials. Aside from the various internet sellers, I know a few sellers (Ebay stores, not random dudes here and there) who are usually good places to look for parts at base prices.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Know anywhere that does Soundwave bits at non-scalping prices? I'm not inclined to pay much for parts as the figure's in pretty ropey condition -- it'd be easier to just buy a fresh complete one.

Condition not really important.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

The Reverend wrote:Aside from the various internet sellers, I know a few sellers (Ebay stores, not random dudes here and there) who are usually good places to look for parts at base prices.
I'd be interested in getting that info if I could. I've recently gotten a few super bargains off eBay and such that just need a piece here and there to be awesome. I've checked Transformerland pretty often, but haven't had much luck with what I need there.
Clay

Post by Clay »

There used to be a fellow that ran an online store specializing in reproduction parts, but he hard a stroke a few years back and didn't continue with it. I think he left many orders unfilled and no refunds given, too.

Other than that, not really. Ebay is about the only place I can think of where you can buy parts individually, but the price isn't always nice.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Notabot wrote:I'd be interested in getting that info if I could. I've recently gotten a few super bargains off eBay and such that just need a piece here and there to be awesome. I've checked Transformerland pretty often, but haven't had much luck with what I need there.
Well, if you have the time and focus to check his listings every so often, try this guy - http://stores.ebay.com/Bama-A-C-and-Collectibles

ASide from the real parts he also has KO/repro stuff from time to time, and his shipping is usually speedy.