does anyone know about these transformers

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
bruce
Protoform

does anyone know about these transformers

Post by bruce »

hello, when i was like 5, i had this set of transformers that were autobots and they were air-planes. 4 of them were normal sized and the fifth was big. It also was a launch pad for the others. the five of them made a bigger bot when you put them together. If anyone knows about these bots, could you please tell me the names and maby where i could buy them.
thanks
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sounds like the Aerialbots - the large one is Silverbolt, the small white one Slingshot, the red one Fireflight, the grey/black one Skydive and the black one Air Raid. They combined to form Superion. Your best bet for buying them would be ebay [either.com, .co.uk, .au or wherever you live :)]... there's also a cheap Taiwanese copy out too which retains the colours, if not the quality...

Welcome board btw! :)
bruce
Protoform

Post by bruce »

thanks i think i found them all!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

This really belongs in Toys, 'cause it ain't news.

Welcome aboard!
Skyswipe
Protoform

Post by Skyswipe »

I don't recommend the Taiwan copies. Inferior quality plastic, poorly applied stickers and individual weapons are not included. Also, the Silverbolt in my set has to be set very carefully in jet mode because the landing gear won't stay down. I was very disappointed with the set that I bought.
"You know what? You can take all these Beast Machines, Beast Wars, and all the rest of them and shove them up your tailpipe. Optimus Prime is not a damn dirty ape and Megatron, Soundwave and Starscream are not "Destrongers" or "Predacons" they are DECEPTICONS and may any who say otherwise burn in the fiery pits beneath Cybertron where wicked Transformers are melted down into slag." - OldSchool80sKid

Yeah!! What he said!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, they're really only good as display figures.
bruce
Protoform

Post by bruce »

yeah if i get them i wanna play with them so i gotta get the real deal. what is weird to me is that mom mom got them for me in like 93 but they were made in 86. they are older than me! that is crazy
bruce
Protoform

Post by bruce »

does anyone have pics of the whole g1 aerialbots set and the g2 set?
Skyswipe
Protoform

Post by Skyswipe »

My Aerialbots are in Superion mode 95% of the time, but Fireflight's tail and cockpit pieces won't fit together, which is fairly minor.

No pics, but the G2 Superion's dominant clors are blue and silver, rather than red and white and Slingshot is gold.
"You know what? You can take all these Beast Machines, Beast Wars, and all the rest of them and shove them up your tailpipe. Optimus Prime is not a damn dirty ape and Megatron, Soundwave and Starscream are not "Destrongers" or "Predacons" they are DECEPTICONS and may any who say otherwise burn in the fiery pits beneath Cybertron where wicked Transformers are melted down into slag." - OldSchool80sKid

Yeah!! What he said!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Original Aerialbots:

Robot modes -

G2 Aerialbots

Jet modes -

Chinese K/O: -

bruce
Protoform

Post by bruce »

thanks

does anyone know an online shop where i could buy the G2 set new?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

New? No way... been out of production for 7-8 years now [it was released in 1994]... but http://www.bigislandtoys.com/ get a lot of sealed G2 stuff in :)
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I'd recommend getting one of the knockoff sets floating around on ebay, they're pretty nice and not nearly as fragile as some would have you believe...
lord rayden
Protoform

the knock off set

Post by lord rayden »

i had the original g1 and g2 airealbots.... as to the knock offs.. i would rather have my original ones back and am gonna get em back.. but for now i really wanted to play with them.. and depending on what u are wanting them for.. the knockoffs are good to play with and show off some.. they are 9.99 plus shipping u get em for like 15-16 dollars.. thats not bad.. true they do suck compared to the originals but they work as a for now set... till u are able to get the real ones...actualy i liked the g2 silverbolt better.. the color was cool plus i liked his launchers...

dan
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Try going to Big Lots, they had them in a couple of months ago.

I am still wondering if they are going to do the Easter Basket KO again this year...lol.

WalGreens is carrying the KO of Devastator, and from the looks of it, they are not too bad of a repro. The Chrome actually looked decent.

I think I might pick up that one KO that is Die Cast of Devastator, and repaint it.

Which part of SC are you in, I live in Sav. myself.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm toying with getting the repro some time for Silverbolt [who I hate] and the Superion accessories... does it have the other Aerialbots' guns as well?
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Not the box that I saw... unfortunately.

I bought the KOs that were the little 2 paks, but never came across a Silverbolt by himself.
lord rayden
Protoform

sorry no weapons with superion remake and where i live

Post by lord rayden »

first off.. i am from rock hill sc :) to answer one question... and to the other one.. the superion remake only has the superion accesories.. but for 9.99 for the buy it now along with the abominus devastater blitzwing and braodside remakes all 9.99 with buy it now ... hey it works :) personaly i hated silverbolt too i like airrai and sky dive... but i loved how the g2 silverbolt looked. :) none of the remake gestals (combiners come with the individual weapons except silverbotl comes with his main gun so most of the other combiners wil have the main bodys gun.. but thats it :) and again the remakes are ok.. true they are plastic but they work....

dan