Chances are my toy collection has more awesome than yours...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Chances are my toy collection has more awesome than yours...

Post by Cliffjumper »

...even if my photography doesn't. Finally stole myself some proper shelf-space in the study, and here we are: -

Image Image Image

Image ImageImage

Only a couple of problems so far - the shelves aren't tall enough to hold my big Voltron, and I don't trust them to hold SoC Ideon, so it's a bit of a bummer that the two greatest toys ever made can't be on there. The other is that I'm having real trouble selecting just a dozen Gobots/Machine Robo to go on there, hence the current lack of representation. Plus those stickers need to go.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I thought you also had a Universe Sunstreaker, Alternator Shockblast, and a few other more modern toys. Did you sell those? Or are these just the pictures of shelves that have non-Transformers merchandise, hence why it's in the Other Toylines forum? Pardon if these are stupid questions, but I've never seen pictures of your collection before aside from the individual pics on your site.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, I got some other bits, but they didn't make the grade (Sunstreaker, Shockblast, RM Convoy and a few other bits are actually on the windowsill next to the desk, on the grounds that if the cat knocks them off or they get yellowed in the sun, no real harm is done). The shelves are just really the cream of the cream. And some Tomy Ideons. It just goes to show how few toys I actually like...
Civ

Post by Civ »

In that case, yes, your collection is more awesome than mine. The variety is incredible. Who's the little, blue bot near your Gundams that has gray treads for legs?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Buy some damn Master Grades.

The only one I see that could be one is that Black Tri-Stars Zaku..I?
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

No good at making model kits :( Plus, y'know, I've got most of the decent Gundam designs in there, the only ones I'd really like some sort of figure of are the SUMO and the Wadom. Oh, and that RGZE or whatever it's called from the start of Char's Counterattack.

And that's a Chogokin Zaku :)
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Re-GZ.

And Goufs are better. ;)
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
skywarp408
Protoform

Post by skywarp408 »

Where are the boxes?!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

In a cupboard.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I wish there were a store locally that sold any Soul of Chogokin. I do not know much about the bots, but checking them out over the weekend makes me want to pick up a few like Vates and Manzinger Z. They have an Ideon figure that looks great as well.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The Soul of Chogokin Ideon is probably the greatest toy ever made.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

My friend is getting me THIS for my birthday.

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban946732.html
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Cliffjumper wrote:The Soul of Chogokin Ideon is probably the greatest toy ever made.
Honest to God, Cliffy, you just helped me decide what my next purchase will be.

I know reading up about Ideon, having a sword made of light that can cleave a planet in half, a "black hole" gun and a missile barrage that can destroy entire fleets of ships is more than enough to devastate any opposition.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Loving what I'm seeing so far, but I have to ask, why do you like Ironhide and Ratchet aside from "because I do"? My first impression from the review you write on your site is that these two figures would get utterly panned, but I guess not since you're proudly displaying them.

EDIT: Nevermind, I completely jumped the gun. I found the rest of your Autobot car reviews and now see why you put Ironhide up there.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, I just kind-of like the weirdness - the Clover Gundams and Tomy Ideons get in for the same reason. Though I will admit them being Autobot cars is a bit of a factor...
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I think I am going to pick up an Ideon, a God Mars and Pay Respect to Voltes. Kind of neat looking bots, and I was watching a God Mars episode last night on the web. Something new to check out. Well, new to me :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm soo tempted by Respect For Voltes-In-Box, especially as I was hooked more by wanting the original toy than the toon... I just wish I could guarantee I'd be able to shift the first SoC version for enough to pay for the new one.

Voltes V is a smashing toy either way, though - the balance and joints work are stunning, the poses the thing can hold...

For cartoons, Ideon is well worth checking out - the first 'summary' film, 'A Contact' and the epic 'Be Invoked' are both up on my YouTube - well worth watching, even if 'A Contact' is a little disorientating and strips the series cast down to only really the leads.

God Mars is a tidy show so far (seen about the first third) - great theme tune, too.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Thanks. I read that the Ideon dvds ran short on production, and are very costly to obtain. I can't wait to dig in :)
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Ideon doesn't interest me.

Too much "Tomino Trainwreck".

i.e.: Ideon, Victory Gundam