Ultimates #10 [Spoilers]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Ultimates #10 [Spoilers]

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wow, it did it again... the first few pages I'm thinking "well, the run had to end somewhere" and by the end I'm praying that aginst the law of physics there's another forty or so pages in there somewhere. Cracking stuff! How are Cap and Samuel L gonna get out of that one? I love the underlying ongoing theme of SHIELD ad the Ultimates not actually being incredibly efficient and infallible. Now, more Hawkeye por favor!
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Ultimates remains my favorite book on the stands right now, and this issue justified that statement for me once again. It almost makes me forget how long it's been since the previous issue. Almost. Who was that guy they showed at the end of the book, though?
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by BigMaki
Who was that guy they showed at the end of the book, though?

Yeah, that's what I want to know. I read 7-10 back-to-back. These were so much better than the previous 6. I hope the book becomes monthly sometime soon. Oh and I loved it when Cap beats the **** out of Pym, that was the coolest thing that's ever happened in comics.

Oh and I'm betting Banner gets loose and takes out most of the aliens...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I can't work out who it is either... furst scan-read said Pym, but it doesn't look anything like him [Hank looks like Steve Rogers... at least Clint looks a bit different this time eh?]... it doesn't seem to be especially like any "classic" Avengers villain.... Oh, and Bryan Hitch = Best Artist Working In Comics At the Moment anyone?
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Oh, and Bryan Hitch = Best Artist Working In Comics At the Moment anyone?

No, Jim Lee does. Hitch is good though...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by Hound
No, Jim Lee does. Hitch is good though...

I've gotta agree with Hound for one simple reason: Jim can put out a book on time. Hitch loses that battle miserably. Granted, it could be Millar's fault, though. We'll see if it improves with him no longer writing Ultimate X-Men. Still, Hitch's stuff is just a joy to look at. There's a reason I have that oversized Absolute Authority hardcover, and it's not just Warren Ellis. :D
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

How embarassing... I appear to have briefly forgotten Jim Lee exists...I think I'm still subconsciously denying DC make comics ;)
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
How embarassing... I appear to have briefly forgotten Jim Lee exists...I think I'm still subconsciously denying DC make comics ;)

Y'know that really is a shame. You miss out, seriously...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

My bank balance doesn't... seriously, at the moment I can't even really afford the half-dozen Marvel books I get, let alone get into anything new... Once i get a job and clear some debts [donations welcome :)] I've got a serious date with some Stormwatch TPBs for a start... I have tried various DC titles, but few [as in none] have said "you need me" to me...
Hound

Post by Hound »

Well, to be honest not a whole lot of the monthly stuff is gonna knock your socks off. The real gems are in TPB, Sandman (yeah I'm a broken record, but the series is that damn good, seriously) Stormwatch and Authority are awesome, imagine Pete Wisdom with much cooler powers and in the JLA and you've got Jack Hawksmoor, you will love these books and while I'm suggesting Ellis' work Planetary is now my favorite thing he's written. Everything Alan Moore has done for DC and America's Best Comics is really good. All this stuff is leaps and bounds over anything Marvel is producing right now...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you