What's the deal with Wal-Mart?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
SynjoDeonecros
Protoform

What's the deal with Wal-Mart?

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

Okay, I know that they've discontinued hosting the Alternators line for the time being, but what about the Cybertron line? It seems like the line is becoming very scarce, each time I check, and only rarely do they restock with anything new (they don't even keep the shelves at least semi-loaded with the toys once they empty). So, is Wal-Mart still planning on hosting the line at their stores, or are they putting it on hold, like they're doing with Alternators? I severely hope they're keeping the line; I do not want to have to go on ebay or some slag to get my Cybertron Snarl or Leobreaker.
Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
For there can be no strength without weakness...
No knowledge without ignorance...
No life without death...
And no light...without darkness...

"Unicron, my master. With this, I will make you...my slave..." Galvatron, Transformers: The Movie
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
SynjoDeonecros
Protoform

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

That just tells me about the Alternators line, not the Cybertron line. Thanks, anyway.
Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...

"Unicron, my master. With this, I will make you...my slave..." Galvatron, Transformers: The Movie
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Why does everybody worry about Wal-mart temporarily discontinnuing the alternators line?

So there's one retailer that's out of the picture for six months. Here in Greece there's no Walmarts or ToysRUs or whatever other crap you can come up with, yet I can still find most of the figures that are supposed to be released.

God bless toystores...:rolleyes:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
Why does everybody worry about Wal-mart temporarily discontinnuing the alternators line?

So there's one retailer that's out of the picture for six months.

Ha! You have no idea how gigantic wal-mart is over here...

If they decide not to carry them, that's a bad thing.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Here in the states, Walmart has put a huge dent in the toy store industry, undercutting even the biggest toy chains in prices. Kaybee had to close many stores, and Toys R Us has atually reconsidered its position as a toy chain, possibly rotating more towards their Kid R Us and Babies R Us stores.

As a result of this, Wal Mart is their biggest customer, and if they do not choose to carry a line, it may not be profitable to continue with that line.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

I dont know about Wal-Mart, but the Target stores have tons of Cybertron stuff..
SynjoDeonecros
Protoform

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

I'm mainly worried about Wal-Mart's decision to either keep or put off Cybertron temporarily, since it's the only mega-corporation in the area. Like I said, I don't want to have to go online and order my Leobreaker or Snarl from an outside source if there's a chance I can still get them from the Wal-Mart down the street.
Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...

Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Here in the states, Walmart has put a huge dent in the toy store industry, undercutting even the biggest toy chains in prices. Kaybee had to close many stores, and Toys R Us has atually reconsidered its position as a toy chain, possibly rotating more towards their Kid R Us and Babies R Us stores.

As a result of this, Wal Mart is their biggest customer, and if they do not choose to carry a line, it may not be profitable to continue with that line.

Yes! That's what I said, only in a much less helpful way! :D
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Originally posted by SynjoDeonecros
I'm mainly worried about Wal-Mart's decision to either keep or put off Cybertron temporarily, since it's the only mega-corporation in the area. Like I said, I don't want to have to go online and order my Leobreaker or Snarl from an outside source if there's a chance I can still get them from the Wal-Mart down the street.

You won't have to. You're telling me that the specific Wal-Mart down the street is the only toystore in your town\city? Don't think so.

RID Scourge, I can understand what you're saying, but do you believe that Hasbro will just stop making Cybertron\Alt stuff because Wal-Mart decided not to carry them?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yes.

If Walmart does not buy them, then they may very well not make the breakeven point on a given mold, as they are one company, but more often than not, they buy more items than all of the other chains combined, and like I said earlier, they're actually starting to drive many toy store chains out of business, or at least make them ponder repositioning their business.
SynjoDeonecros
Protoform

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

You won't have to. You're telling me that the specific Wal-Mart down the street is the only toystore in your town\city? Don't think so.

RID Scourge, I can understand what you're saying, but do you believe that Hasbro will just stop making Cybertron\Alt stuff because Wal-Mart decided not to carry them?

Actually, yes, it is. VERY small town, here. The nearest mall is in another state, and we've only got one Wal-Mart around, nothing else. Not ALL of us have a great span of mega-corporations at our disposal, y'know.
Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...

Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Actually, yes, it is. VERY small town, here. The nearest mall is in another state, and we've only got one Wal-Mart around, nothing else. Not ALL of us have a great span of mega-corporations at our disposal, y'know.

You're talking to a guy who has to pay at least 20% more than what you do for toys, and has to search for what he wants at small non-chain toystores scarcely placed around Athens, the city that hosted the Olympics last year. So if we're in a similiar situation while I'm in the capital of the country and you're in a very small town, go figure.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

That just tells me about the Alternators line, not the Cybertron line. Thanks, anyway.

Sorry I misread your orginal post.
About Wal-Mart you do know there are other stores out there that carry Cybertron toys.
Stores out there like:, Target (which btw you can toys like Jetfire, Scourge, and Dark Scoroponk a few dollars cheaper than at Wal-Mart!) Meijers, Toys R Us, KB Toys, and K-Mart.

There's plenty of online stores too: like bigbadtoystore.com and
actionhq just to name a few.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
SynjoDeonecros
Protoform

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
Sorry I misread your orginal post.
About Wal-Mart you do know there are other stores out there that carry Cybertron toys.
Stores out there like:, Target (which btw you can toys like Jetfire, Scourge, and Dark Scoroponk a few dollars cheaper than at Wal-Mart!) Meijers, Toys R Us, KB Toys, and K-Mart.

There's plenty of online stores too: like bigbadtoystore.com and
actionhq just to name a few.

Obviously you did, otherwise you would've clearly seen me state that I'd rather NOT have to order toys online. My town only has one store that carries Transformers, and that's Wal-Mart. Anything else is about four hours away, and right now, we don't have any reliable form of transportation to make the trip. Also, I'm paid very little, so ordering online and paying for both the cost of the toy and the shipping cost isn't that feasable for me. Wal-Mart is, pretty much, my ONLY way of getting new Transformers in, right now, so if they're dropping it completely from their shelves for the time being, I'm pretty much stuck. I know they're doing it with the Alternators line (bringing it back sometime next spring, I believe), but I've heard nothing about the Cybertron line. The way it's looking like, at my store, I'm not too hopeful on it, though.
Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...

Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

[Clay will probably be laughing his a$$ off when he reads this, coming from me]

If you're so concerned about money and live in the US, order from BBTS. I doubt you can't afford the cost of two figures and only 7 dollars for shipping. Now if you were in Europe, you'd have something to worry about, but not with their flat rate.
Clay

Post by Clay »

[Clay will probably be laughing his a$$ off when he reads this, coming from me]

I actually did choke on my soda a little bit, yes. :p

But, yeah: if you're worried about shipping costs, just hoard up your pennies for a while and then order a bunch of figures all at once, and it'll still only cost $7 to ship it.

Technically, if you could wait long enough, and if they could keep a few of every figure in stock long enough, you could order the entire Cybertron line and have it shipped for $7. Can't beat that...
SynjoDeonecros
Protoform

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

You have GOT to be kidding me. I've been checking online stores liberally this past few weeks, and NO ONE has lower prices than Wal-Mart. And the fact that I have to pay shipping ON TOP of the price for the toys (no matter how low it is) makes it even worse. I can go down to get a Cybertron toy for $10 that, online, would cost me over $30-$40 plus shipping. No, thank you. Maybe on ebay, on occasion, but honestly, I go online to buy Yugioh cards cheap; Transformers I'd rather head downtown to Wal-Mart to buy my Cybertron Snarl.
Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...

Clay

Post by Clay »

I can go down to get a Cybertron toy for $10 that, online, would cost me over $30-$40 plus shipping. No, thank you.

Huh?

I think you grossly overestimate shipping costs and prices online.
Transformers I'd rather head downtown to Wal-Mart to buy my Cybertron Snarl.

Well, then you're at their mercy. If you can't find it at the walmart, you may just have to live without it.
SynjoDeonecros
Protoform

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

Originally posted by Clay
Huh?

I think you grossly overestimate shipping costs and prices online.

No, I'm not 'overestimating' anything. At Big Bad Toystore, they have Cybertron Scourge on sale for $35, minus shipping. I got my Scourge at Wal-Mart for $27. Leobreaker at Wal-Mart: $20. Big Bad Toystore: $29, minus shipping. See the difference? And that's WITHOUT shipping, which adds in $7-$15 or more, which shoots the price up to even more rediculous hights. This is why I'm so mad about the possibility that Wal-Mart will discontinue carrying ALL Transformers (Cybertron or Alternators) for the time being. I'm not kidding when I said I've got a limited budget (my spending money's usually around $50-$100 a month, and most of that's having to go towards food), so I'm not able to spend wads of cash for one dinky little scout-class toy I could buy at Wal-Mart for $5. Besides, I've had recent trouble with having stuff shipped to me, and I am NOT trusting the postal service with most anything I want online, especially if it can break or bend out of shape to the point where it becomes unusable. So, right now, Wal-Mart IS my only outlet for Transformers. So, once again, I reiterate: I know they're thinking of putting off carrying the Alternators line for a while, but are they doing the same thing with the Cybertron line? I have NOT gotten an answer about this, and I would love to get one. Thank you.
Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...