[CUSTOM] Starscream's eyes

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Ackula

Starscream's eyes

Post by Ackula »

I'm not a kitbasher or anything, but after receiving my Encore Starscream and trying to apply the oddly shaped, impossibly hard to apply sticker that was meant to resemble his eyes..I decided to do something about my Starscream's lack of eyes. You see when I tried to apply the sticker, it never would fit or look just right. So I decided to just paint the eyes on. What you see below is my first ever attempt at modifying a Transformer, yeah..I know big deal huh? But I'm happy with the results.

Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Hey, you kept between the lines there. That's what's important. :)

Yeah, those eye stickers are absolutely useless. Yours came out just fine.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Yeah, I used some acrylic paint with a toothpick to apply it. I want to try on my Takara #9 Anime colored one, but I'm afraid I'll mess it up and it took way too long and too much cash to obtain. Actually I haven't even opened it yet, I'm battling the urge almost everyday since Christmas when I got it. They really should have painted the face on that reissue, the eye stickers are just ugly even if you get them on correctly.
Clay

Post by Clay »

You done did good. Now paint a whole head!
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

Indeed you have.
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Clay wrote:You done did good. Now paint a whole head!
I would really like to try and paint his face like the cartoon on this encore one because it was cheap. What do you use for brushes to get into such a small area? Any tips at all you can share on painting such a small surface as well?