Thread Merge request

Problem? Question? Suggestion? Post it here.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Thread Merge request

Post by Jaynz »

I was hoping that someone could aid me in a little thread cleanup over in "Other Projects" by merging the two 'non-transformers fonts' threads, making that a little more easy to deal with.

Also, has Denyer been around? I was wondering if he was going to update the fonts page with the new versions of stuffs?

Kthxbye!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Merged. I'm getting direct messages and ones in the "staff" type forums, not much more at the moment. Blackjack's very kindly been helping out.

Will see if I can grab a bit of time at the weekend.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Thanks! I just wasn't sure whom to ask these days, since I haven't seen much of the mods around outside of general chit-chat. No big deal, though. :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I've put up what's in the thread (as one file, it seems most convenient for people) apart from Equestria, which I'm guessing may be in the wrong place (can move if you want.)

Do you want me to do similar for the non-TF ones? And is PixelSagas still coming back?
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Denyer wrote:I've put up what's in the thread (as one file, it seems most convenient for people) apart from Equestria, which I'm guessing may be in the wrong place (can move if you want.)
Yeah, Equestria should probably go into the non-TF archive. I hadn't updated the non-TF fonts on this site yet when I threw that one up here.
Do you want me to do similar for the non-TF ones?
If you like, though I've got a lot more of those coming down the pipe, and a few new ones as well.
And is PixelSagas still coming back?
It is. I just wanted to get all the fonts updated 'one more time' since they're going to be the main focus of the site.

Thanks again!
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Okay, similar request for the "The Gundam Icons Thread" in the 'other projects' part. I'm trying to consolidate some of the icon threads together so I'm not quite so dominating that area. :S
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Done (merges, at least).

I'm currently thinking it's a good idea to merge the creative forums and tag the threads with contents ([FIC], [ART], etc) with people welcome to post non-TF stuff if they want. Was hoping to wait until I'd gotten things on the site sorted, but that's not going to happen in the immediate future. Might invite people into here for feedback...
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

One last request, then I'm done for a bit, I promise! :)

The Gundam Icons Thread (4) cleans up another partial archive which was duplicated. If that can be merged with the main one, I would appreciate it.

As for the tags, I went ahead and added TTF and PNG, which would be the two I'm using most right now, I suppose. It's definately a good idea and would help the organization somewhat... particularly as I get older and have problem noticing things. :P
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I think something that reflects content rather than filetype fits better... they don't have to be very short if it compromises readability...

[ART]
[FICTION]
[KITBASH]
[ICON]
[FONT]
[MUSIC]
[SOUND]
[GAME]
[POEM]

?
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Denyer wrote:I think something that reflects content rather than filetype fits better... they don't have to be very short if it compromises readability...
That makes sense. I switched the TTF and PNG names to FONT and ICON, respectively. I also went through a lot of my old threads which were made empty and created a 'Robots in Diguise' icon update in the art form. Again, when you get a chance, if you could merge them, I would appreciate it.

Might also consider a paypal donation link somewhere as well. I feel like I should send something along for all this.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If I'm around, I'm around. Not as much as I'd like, but thread merges take a few seconds.

IIRC where I left things with the creative section on the site was to import all of the old artwork into a gallery app, which isn't public at the moment. The time-consuming bit would be going through the forum... I think it's reasonable that if people have posted in the forum, which is part of the site, that it's okay to include things elsewhere on the site. Might try that for starters, and see if anyone feels it's an imposition.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Don't feel pressured. It's definately not my intention. :)

As for the gallery, et al. I basically feel that I've posted it up here, I've submitted it to the site. (The only thing I feel the right to reserve is for updates to get passed along as well, but I'll ask on those when the situation warrants.)
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Merges? No worries, but, if it's going to be a bit of work trolling for threads..?
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Clogs wrote:Merges? No worries, but, if it's going to be a bit of work trolling for threads..?
It's not that big of a deal for me to find the handful of threads that emptied out (due to sites being moved, etc.) It can also help them get into the right place once they're fixed. (Such as the Robot Masters Icon thread, which is now in 'other projects' and needs moved.. ack!)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Clogs wrote: if it's going to be a bit of work trolling for threads..?
Nah, there's not much in the "other" forum and all the rest can be done in a few lines of SQL.

I'm going to give it a bit more time for people to chip in if they want, though.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Just an added note... the 'Convoy' font in the Transformers thread is now updated, which finishes that lot.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Upped.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Denyer wrote:I'm going to give it a bit more time for people to chip in if they want, though.
I didn't notice this thread until just now, but I think merging all the creative subforums together is a good idea. There's so little traffic that each smaller forum seems dead on it's own, and if we merge them, hopefully people who only look in one subforum will start looking at some of the other stuff as well.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Could I get a merger for the three "[ICON] Euroforce" threads in the creative section? Just trying to keep them organized, more or less... (Or maybe one big TF and non-TF Icon thread and have done with it?)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Merged. Reckon a thread per series is optimal, personally.