G1 Reissues and Heroes of Cybertron shipping this week

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

G1 Reissues and Heroes of Cybertron shipping this week

Post by Alpha Trion »

Credit goes to tformers.com for this news.

Thanks to our source at Hasbro, we have word that the USA G1 Reissues are now shipping to Toys R Us stores across the country. We have also been informed by Hasbro that the Heroes of Cybertron (HOC) PVC figures are shipping this week as well. Keep an eye out at your local retailers for them soon! Thanks to Hasbro for providing this timely information.

Armada, BotCon, and now this, all in one month, my wallet is aching!
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Very cool! I can't wait to get my hands on an Ultra Magnus, finally. You are right, though. With Armada arriving, HOC and reissues shipping, as well as reissue Jazz & Prowl, I'll be getting a thank you letter from the credit card company... :)
swipe
Protoform

Rodimus Major in stores {on ebay anyway}

Post by swipe »

Credit: http://www.bigbot.com

"Thanks to Lain, reissue Rodimus Major is out in stores! The box is labeled commemorative series 1 and the stickers are the Japanese reissues one"

Theres a link to ebay with pics of the boxes. They look kinda cheesy. Whats cool is that its labeled series 1, makes you wonder whats gonna be in series 2.... PM Prime, Megs, Starsceam?{if there is a series 2} Man its an awsome time to be a fan.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I've heard rumblings that Series 2 is on, and contains Soundwave, Starscream & PM Op. Apparently any further series will depend on sales of the first series - if it bombs [unlikely] series 2 will be shipped in reduced quantities, and there'll be no series 3.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Well I'm definitely going to do my part to keep the G1 line from bombing. I'm buying at least one of each, and another Hot Rod for my cousin's birthday. There;s no way its going to bomb though. It will probably sell better than Armada!
swipe
Protoform

Heard a rumor...

Post by swipe »

that the US reissues will be made out of plastic?

According to a disgruntal TRU employe:

"The only problem ith the US reissues, as I work for TRU. Is that they'll only be made out of solid plastic from what I;ve heard, as opposed to the Japanese editions that are done correctly with diecast"

The full rant can be found at http://www.tformers.com under the news title "Jazz and Prowl at Toys R US!". Take it for what its worth.
Plasmodium

Re: Heard a rumor...

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by swipe
that the US reissues will be made out of plastic?

According to a disgruntal TRU employe:

"The only problem ith the US reissues, as I work for TRU. Is that they'll only be made out of solid plastic from what I;ve heard, as opposed to the Japanese editions that are done correctly with diecast"

The full rant can be found at http://www.tformers.com under the news title "Jazz and Prowl at Toys R US!". Take it for what its worth.
Indeed.

Had they have been like the originals, I might have bought some. Doubt it now.
swipe
Protoform

Post by swipe »

Hey Plasmodium, like I said its a rumor so don't give up on them yet. We won't know till they're on TRU shelves, I'm definatley getting Magnus. I'll be sure to post what he's made out of. {i'm sure someone will beat me to it though}:)
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

No I'm fairly certain they will be plastic.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

I have seen no evidence to believe they will be solid plastic. The pics at transformers.com, amazon.com, and the toys shown at Wizard World all had die-cast parts. I seriously doubt they will be solid plastic.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion
I have seen no evidence to believe they will be solid plastic. The pics at transformers.com, amazon.com, and the toys shown at Wizard World all had die-cast parts. I seriously doubt they will be solid plastic.
Excellent, then if they arent solid plastic, I may pick some up.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm pretty sure they'll be near-identical to the Takara reissues :)
swipe
Protoform

US issue tech spec scans

Post by swipe »

http://www.bwtf.com/g1/toys/techspecs

has scans of the US reissue tech specs, from the looks of it Magnus may have a white chestplate and the extra long kid safe missles. Then again they are just pictures......

Either way I'll be buying him.
mullethead
Protoform

Post by mullethead »

Does anyone know if these are going to be available in Canada?
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
I'm pretty sure they'll be near-identical to the Takara reissues :)
Speaking of the Takara re-issues - I got Ultra Magnus and I've ordered Jazz and Prowl! Woohoo! :D
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Scout

Post by Scout »

Too bad I didn't catch this before the flea today. Met up with TC84 and we saw the reissue Rodimus Major in person today. The box had weight to it, but it looks identical to the Japanese release I have and from the outside I can't tell the difference. I can ask the seller tonight about it to find out more.

Scout