Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen - Movie News and Rumours, updated regularly [NO untagged spoilers allowed!]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen - Movie News and Rumours, updated regularly [NO untagged spoilers allowed!]

Post by Nevermore »

Denyer wrote:PLEASE TAG STORY AND CHARACTER SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD.

You can do this by enclosing the text with {spoiler}{/spoiler} but using [ ] brackets rather than { } ones. Or by using the toolbar icon.

SPOILER! (select to read)
Like so.

Thanks.
(Things like "surviving character from movie 1 will be back in movie 2"/"actor whose character survived movie 1 confirms that he will NOT be back in movie 2"/"surviving Autobot from movie 1 will still have the same vehicle mode in movie 2"/"movie 2 takes place two years after movie 1, returning human characters are in positions that could be expected with little imagination" hardly qualify as spoilers, but you should tag them anyway if they border actual plot/new character spoilers.)

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/05/07/tr ... er-rumors/

Also, no Jonah Hill.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Oh well...

I'd have been keen to see an aircraft carrier as Tidal Wave, personally. But, I expect it would be a hell of a challenge to make the thing interact with other transformers, let alone humans, due to massive scale differences. I think the first film already stretched that.

But, darn it, it would have been cool...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Yeah, it's a mind-blowingly awesome notion, but once you get past the initial ZOMG Factor... what the hell do you actually do with it?
numbat

Post by numbat »

Halfshell wrote:Yeah, it's a mind-blowingly awesome notion, but once you get past the initial ZOMG Factor... what the hell do you actually do with it?
Sod all. Conversations between him and the next largest transformer would be impossible to stage in such a way as to look remotely plausible onscreen - expressions would be limited to the bigger fellow - let alone humans!

But, then, as far as Decepticons go, other than ZOMG factor, what else were they used for in the first film?

(I, for one, incidentally, would like to see character development - or just plain character - in the Decepticons in their second outting...)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

:(

I can understand that there might have been technical difficulties, but it would have been soooo awesome. Never mind: maybe they'll compensate by introducing Unicron or Primus, after all :lol:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Angelic Knight

Post by Angelic Knight »

Well with all the promises of misinformation, who knows if this is actually true or not.
My very, very random personal forums:
www.jameswebsite.net
numbat

Post by numbat »

Angelic Knight wrote:Well with all the promises of misinformation, who knows if this is actually true or not.
Yeah, that did occur to me. I think it may be difficult to trust too many of the official announcements.

Still, I do think such a huge robot would be difficult to intigrate into a film in any capacity other than a Godzilla-esque monster role.

But the transformation scene would rule!

Also items on eBay.
Angelic Knight

Post by Angelic Knight »

True, but we are talking Michael Bay here. "Too much" is not in his vocabulary, for better or for worse.
My very, very random personal forums:
www.jameswebsite.net
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Halfshell wrote:Yeah, it's a mind-blowingly awesome notion, but once you get past the initial ZOMG Factor... what the hell do you actually do with it?
A whole fleet of 'em, only way forward. I'm struggling for any particularly awesome punning ship-names beyond maybe the Ark Royal (Eh? Eh? EH?), but I'm sure either someone will have a cringe-inducing go or I'll think of something in about a year's time and bump the topic...

Hasbro do own the Man-O-War name, after all. Actually, they probably don't, so let's just not bother.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Carry-Air?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
glazios

Post by glazios »

I have to admit, I'm somewhat... disapointed. The idea of a character with an aircraft carrier alt-mode could have introduced Broadside - which in itself would mean introducing the concept of Tripplechangers, something I for one would particularly like to see attempted. Hell, for the aircraft alt. mode Bay could've used the Antonov An-225 (world's largest aircraft, for those who didn't know), and the USS Ronald Reagan supercarrier for the aircraft carrier mode itself. Not sure if any of that is even plausible, but somehow I think Bay could manage in stretching the budget for it...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nevermore wrote:Carry-Air?
Now, that's awesome. Best I've managed is Dreadnoughtwind.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

While I'm sure Bay's FX people are bemoaning the loss of Broadside, I have one important question:

Who the smeg is Jonah Hill?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Clogs wrote:maybe they'll compensate by introducing Unicron or Primus, after all :lol:
I surely hope not, that would really come off badly in my mind. I don't see how they could do it without comparisons to Mega-Maid.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Heinrad wrote:While I'm sure Bay's FX people are bemoaning the loss of Broadside, I have one important question:

Who the smeg is Jonah Hill?
Jonah Hill is that fat kid that's in every movie coming out lately. I'm glad he won't be in TF2.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

glazios wrote:I have to admit, I'm somewhat... disapointed. The idea of a character with an aircraft carrier alt-mode could have introduced Broadside - which in itself would mean introducing the concept of Tripplechangers, something I for one would particularly like to see attempted. Hell, for the aircraft alt. mode Bay could've used the Antonov An-225 (world's largest aircraft, for those who didn't know), and the USS Ronald Reagan supercarrier for the aircraft carrier mode itself. Not sure if any of that is even plausible, but somehow I think Bay could manage in stretching the budget for it...
Well, I would've thought a carrier-transformer to be a Decepticon, namely Tidal Wave, seeing as it's a military vehicle, but I can see that there would be trouble with something like this. For example, how would an aircraft carrier be useful on land? (rhetorical) As for the aircraft alt, I think Cybertron Jetfire, Skyshadow, and Movie Jetstorm (pretty much all the same figure) represent the An-225 very well, and I would not like to see another Blackout/Bonecrusher figure deal (ie: way too short). But Bay being Bay, don't count anything out yet, especially when it comes to blowing **** up.;)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

That's too bad.
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
secretcode

Isabel Lucas Confirmed For TF2

Post by secretcode »

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2008/0 ... -news.html

Isabel Lucas confirmed for TF2, handpicked by Spielburg.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
secretcode

SAG Strike Could Further Delay TF2

Post by secretcode »

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2008/05/08/ ... directors/

"Film directors wanting to get their product out in time to make their projected due dates for studios are scrambling to finish and even begin certain projects earlier than scheduled with a Screen Actors Guild (SAG) strike beginning to loom large in the not-to-distance future.

The SAG contract with movie and television producers is set to expire on June 30 and with current talks over “new media” issues going no where, Hollywood is preparing for a long, hot and dry summer season of filming that could lead to a very cold and bitter fall with nothing new for theatrical or television release. At least on the TV front many returning and new shows already have several of their fall episodes in the can and ready for their debuts in September and October. Not so, when it comes to big screen releases.

With that in mind some directors, with the full support of the studio system are forging ahead anyway and have begun shooting their big budget movies knowing full well that they could soon be hit by a work-stoppage from their actors. One such film is the highly anticipated fourth movie in the Terminator saga starring Batman’s Christian Bale as the futuristic machine killing resistance fighter John Connor. Director McG moved up its shoot date and began filming in New Mexico this past Monday. “Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins” is still looking for May 22, 2009 as its release date.

Another director holding his breath is Michael Bay, who is still hoping to get in an early June start for the second “Transformers” film.

Steven Spielberg is taking no chances, however, and stopped work on his next film which is to revolve around the trial of 1968 anti-war activists, according to Reuters. He, and other directors, are in a holding pattern for the time being and waiting to see if their actors will be available to continue working after June 30. "
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Cliffjumper wrote:Best I've managed is Dreadnoughtwind.
Paint it black and call it Nemeship Prime.
(Both lame and late. Totally cringe worthy.)