Reason for Cybertron being out in New Zealand and nowhere else yet

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Reason for Cybertron being out in New Zealand and nowhere else yet

Post by Nevermore »

Here's a little bit about the reason why Cybertron toys have already been spotted on shelves in New Zealand, buit nowhere else in the world yet:

http://messageboard.transformersnewzeal ... 2&start=15
He hehe , looks like someone from Hasbro somewhere reads the assorted TF message boards as when I went to order more Cybertron toys yesterday , Hasbro NZ had been told to stop selling them untill approval from Hasbro united states came through .
They arent supposed to be released yet ,and we were the first oin the world to recieve the cases , but I got a call today saying it was all ok now and they can be released again .
So if thats the case , maybe our yankee friends will have them relesased early as well now before the June 18th street date .
Interesting......
Apparently, Cybertron is supposed to be released simultaneously in the USA, New Zealand, Australia and probably also in Hong Kong beginning June 18.

The toys have already been shipped, but are being held back at Hasbro USA's request.

But since New Zealand stores are completely sold out of their remaining Energon stock, some stores ignored Hasbro's request and started stocking Cybertron.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cyclone_X
Protoform

Post by Cyclone_X »

so everytime NZ sells TFs before the US, it's because they needed new TFs on the shelves?

and something I dont quite understand: why are NZ TFs so much more expensive than US TFs? The shipping costs should be lower as NZ is closer to Asia resulting in lower prices for the TFs

are the NZ taxes a lot higher maybe? or do the NZ shops want to cash in a lot more than the US stores?
BTFA, 2 year anniversary
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

Might have soemthing to do with the fact that we price things in $NZ rather than $US...:rolleyes:
Clay

Re: Reason for Cybertron being out in New Zealand and nowhere else yet

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Nevermore
The toys have already been shipped, but are being held back at Hasbro USA's request.

I dunno... I was in a wal-mart today, and they actually had the shelf-stocking legends taped to the pegs all over the toy department (everything was pretty sparse). The Transformers legend still "Energon" on everything.

I don't think the USA stores have the Cybertron stuff in back stock just yet... I think the reason NZ got it was... well, because they had sold all their Energon. Hasbro may be shipping Cybertron stuff instead of Energon at this point, but with so much Energon stuff left on the shelves, there's no reason for the stores to order any new shipments at the moment. I doubt we'll see any of the new line early like NZ did for that reason alone. Which is fine, "`cuz I ain't got no money".
saddestmoon
Protoform

Post by saddestmoon »

Hey Guys!

:) I live in Wellington, New Zealand. I have bought a Cybertron TF toy of Crumplezone. The Cybertron toys have been out for a couple of weeks here, I think. I bought mine a few days ago.

Crumplezone cost about $54.95 (New Zealand dollars). Its reasonably expensive for a Transformer toy, here in NZ - not the most expensive, however. There were smaller Cybertron TFs as well, listed at cheaper prices. I bought Crumplezone from Toy World Wellington, on Ballance Street. They also have Cybertron toys at Toy World, Lower Hutt.

Crumplezone caught my eye right from the start. Twin turbine engines that flick forward as apart of a key activated transformation movement. Has sound effects as well. I really like this toy.

I have taken some digital photos of Crumplezone, and intend to get them posted shortly, in the Cybertron Galleries, if all goes according to plan.

Stay tuned! :)

NOTE: Cyclone_X - Cybertron Toys are not more expensive here in New Zealand, as Almighty Galvatron quite rightly pointed out earlier in his post. New Zealand dollars are worth alot less than American.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Currently $1.06NZ gets you $1AUS, and $1AUS gets 77c US.

http://www.xe.com/ucc
Cyclone_X
Protoform

Post by Cyclone_X »

US dollars are also worth less than euros, yet europe pays sometimes the double of the US price (50-70 euro for Energon Prime and Megatron ($62.5-$87.5), 20-30 euro for alternators ($25-$37.5)

and the price for Crumplezone is what Europe would pay (whenconverted to euros)
BTFA, 2 year anniversary