I got a question about Titans TF graphic novels?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
asuka 24
Protoform

I got a question about Titans TF graphic novels?

Post by asuka 24 »

I'm thinking about getting a few of the UK Graphic novels by Titan Books to complete my TF set a bit more. what is the quality of Titan's graphic novel books, is it on par with IDW's graphic novel books?

Just wanted to know before I shell out some money to buy them or should I just wait for IDW to publish the rest of the Best of The UK stories(they might sooner or later).

I never got the chance to look at any of the Titan Graphic novels in person before.

Thank you,

Asuka 24

:D:D:D
asuka 24
Protoform

Post by asuka 24 »

Mainly I just wanted to know if they were printed on good computer paper like Idw's books or like marvel did their essential books on the old comic book type paper?

any help would be nice.

Thank you,

Asuka 24

:swirly::p:swirly:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The paper's good quality. US reprints are regular trade paperback size, colour UK ones are larger (and thus tend to bend a bit more readily) and the black & white ones are mini format but printed on almost-cardstock.
asuka 24
Protoform

Post by asuka 24 »

Thank You for sharing the info on the books with me.

:):):)
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Post by Chris McFeely »

You are highly encouraged to get as many Titan ones as you can - because Titan could reprint the stories featuring Marvel characters like Circuit Breaker and Death's Head, while IDW can't. IDW seem to have at least got permission to use Circuit Breaker in their later collections, but for two full books of their Classic collections, they had to replace the issues featuring her with text summaries. And I doubt they'll ever reprint anything with Death's Head.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Plus the oversized format used for the colour collections means the best art and colouring (ok, not Will Simpson) looks stunning.

Mind, if IDW ever do a normal sized collection of the B&W stuff on proper paper they'll have a sale here. Long as they don't colour it that is.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:Mind, if IDW ever do a normal sized collection of the B&W stuff on proper paper they'll have a sale here. Long as they don't colour it that is.
They won't; it's a bugger to do on Photoshop and I doubt a single person working for IDW knows any other way to colour a comic. Plus it's IDW, they're lazy, cheap and shit.

The Titan UK trades are... alright. They look marvellous, but beyond Target 2006 the actual collections are largely arbitrary, consisting of a "biggie" and then seemingly random selections to up the page count, which amusingly makes them even more annoying to read than the original issues, albeit much cheaper. Plus Jeff Anderson's art would really benefit from being squashed down to US format.