Laid out, layabouts or liabilities?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Rack 'n Ruin

Laid out, layabouts or liabilities?

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Had a thought pop into my head earlier, and I hope someone here will know the answer...

As far as I can recall, Hound & Wheeljack were the only two Autobots on Earth at the time not to take part in the comic story "Dinobot Hunt". Does anyone know why?

Were they already incapacited in some way?

Were they just too busy kicking back in the Ark and couldn't be bothered?

Or were kerrrrazy Wheeljack and dreamy conjurer Hound deemed too much of a liability in such a task. Blimey, even Huffer & Gears got drafted in, so if this is the answer their stock must have been particularly low..

Or have I just forgotten their stunning appearance keeping all the 'Cons except Soundwave, Skywarp, Scavenger & Laserbeak occupied?
Wreck and Rule!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

They were busy watching soaps.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

"It's authentic! I made them really stupid, just like proper dinosaurs..."
"yeah, you tell that to Bluestreak, Huffer and Sideswipe when they get back. By the way you owe us a new shuttle."

Spending 4 million years in tar isn't much worse than spending 4 million years in pieces after having not survived a spaceship crash I suppose. At least the Dinobots don't pretend everything's alright.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:As far as I can recall, Hound & Wheeljack were the only two Autobots on Earth at the time not to take part in the comic story "Dinobot Hunt". Does anyone know why?
Skeleton crew left behind to man the office. Two man team in case one of them needs to leave for any reason.

Ideally there should be three, but this was the 80s after all.