Super Fire Convoy Re-issue?!?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Unicron

Super Fire Convoy Re-issue?!?

Post by Unicron »

Caught this from BBTS' newsletter:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
A 2014 re-issue of Super Fire Convoy from Car Robots, supposedly to include the original TRU exclusive sword. For $150. WTF?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yeah, I don't understand the point of such a reissue when the original isn't that old... is it?

...Oh wow, it's 13 years old already.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Yeah, I didn't think it was that old either but yeah, that's surprising.

Still don't get the pricing though. Definitely doesn't seem like something worth dropping $150 on. Could be due to size of the production run, I guess
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Prices for the Hasbro Asia reissues is off the roof. I don't think I've seen one in the secondary market go for that much.

Kind of sad though, a figure made 13 years ago has like 2 or max 3 figures that hold up against it, in the same size class, all these years later.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Going to be a pass for me, don't have enough money or interest for Fire Convoy. It is very nice that they're revisiting older toylines, though. Fire Convoy looks like a pretty decent toy, especially compared to other toys of Optimus Prime that can assume super modes (though my favourite out of the four or five is still Cybertron and its two giant under-arm cannons).
Weirdwolf and Monzo

Post by Weirdwolf and Monzo »

Probably old news now, but this reissue was proved to be an errant listing. No $150 GFC. :p