KB Toystore has some good deals

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sir Auros

KB Toystore has some good deals

Post by Sir Auros »

Actually bought a RiD Galvatron for a mere $12 today. They also have a 3-pack of RiD BM repaints for $10. The pack with the Mirage, Scavenger, and Jetstorm repaints. Also, how much are the clear spychangers worth? I've seen Mirage and Crosswise as well as a few others going for $4 there.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

OMG, they had RID Prime for $19., which was very cool.

I was actually thinking of picking up another of this classic.

They also have Build Team here, but the price is still $8.00 each.

They had the spy changers, which I have been eyeballing here for $4.00 each.

Cool deal man, I have Galvatron, and have been thinking about bringing him out of the package.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

They used to have RiD Optimus and Ultra Magnus for $20 each, but I passed them up since I had them already and I only buy the toys to play with, not collect.

I wouldn't worry about bringing Galvatron out of the box, because he's really not very impressive in any of his non-robot modes, and I really don't think he's "all that" in robot mode either since he doesn't even having a frikkin' gun. All robots should have guns, guns aplenty even.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

That is cool,

I have had Scourge for the longest time, and I think I have changed my habits a little.

I used to be a solo MISB and the box had to be minty fresh. Then I got to thinking, yeah I enjoy collecting the toys, but do I enjoy the toys themselves?

I bought a lot of junkers, and when I got them in my daughter and I played with them for 2 hours....heheheeh, and she adopted Optimal Optimus as her own, and BW Optimus Primal KO as hers...
came in the same lot as the offcolored Grimlock.

So, I opened Scourge....and I even modified his sword with a knife to have a sharp point....I have gone beyond....

I opened up my reissues...but I keep the boxes...I opened all of the pvcs I have so far...cool little buggers...which I would have never done before.

I am a changed man, I tell you.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, I gotta stop by Kay Bee in a few days.
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

I have a born again story similar to ures Savannahtron. Every single Beast Wars figure i have is as mint as possible in the box. Same goes for Beast Machines, Machine Wars an the handful of G2 stuff i have. Then RiD came along. I wanted em in the box but i also wanted to play w/em, so i made a very Xpensive compromise an bought doubles, something i'm doing w/Armada as well, not that i care that much for it period. Now my imports are a different story, since i can't afford 2 of each. It all comes down to "What would be the best way to have it?" God Ginrai, no contest, much better outta the box, same for Lio Convoy an Big Convoy. Now those BW II an Neo lackies i bought they're better off in the box. My reissue Prowl got took outta the box TFed an looked at, but stickers never got applied, he simply went back to vehicle mode an in the box. His fate is up in the air. If they do reissue megs he'll probably end up outta the box even though he loox like horse butt to begin with *L*. What's done i can't undo, i know i won't go bak an open up my Beast Wars stuff, specially since i saw Dinobot was booking about $90 MIB an i think waspinator was either $160 or $180 MIB. Don't ask me where i got these prices cause it's been several months an i honestly don't remember. But in my case if it's affordable doubles are bought, if not whatever feels the best happens for the figure.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Open the friggin suckers I tell yah. Unless your in it for the monetary value. Open and enjoy your toys before we die.
Roy Fokker

Post by Roy Fokker »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
I only buy the toys to play with, not collect.

I wouldn't worry about bringing Galvatron out of the box

Either you just completly contradicted yourself or you like playing with toys that are still in the box. :D
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Roy Fokker
Either you just completly contradicted yourself or you like playing with toys that are still in the box. :D

Well, I actually took my Galvatron out of the box, but I know that Savvy-T's a collector, so I was just giving him a heads up about how Galvatron's probably better off left IN the box and a double isn't necessary.
lordfril
Protoform

Post by lordfril »

i like my toys out of the box. Im too poor to buy doubles.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I always open my stuff. Boxes take up too much space, but I'm actually going to buy doubles of the reissues, and leave them in the box, and in the protective bags that BBTS uses.
Roy Fokker

Post by Roy Fokker »

BBTS has bags?

I just got the standard bubblewrap thing. :(
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, you have to get the "classic" packaging. It's only $1 more.

http://bigbadtoystore.com/packaging.asp