Kingdom of Heaven [Spoiler Alert]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Kingdom of Heaven [Spoiler Alert]

Post by CloudStrifer »

Is one of the best movie ever! Salah-ud-Din is protraited so nicely as well. I was chearing when Reynald-De-Chalron [SP?] was killed and at the horns of Hattin aftermath.

Man, and the ending, Jersulam was taken. So cool! Especially when They kicked Crusader butt!

5/5 for this one...Now on to The Constantiople movie and the destruction of the Byzatines!
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Bah! That sounds horrible! It's so slanted towards Muslims it makes me sick! It undermines everything the Christians fought for. I will not be wasting me money on this tripe!
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Bah! That sounds horrible! It's so slanted towards Muslims it makes me sick! It undermines everything the Christians fought for. I will not be wasting me money on this tripe!
Oh Boo Hoo. Go and bury yourself somewhere.

If Christan's can't take the fact that Salah-ud-Din took back what we had and you guys never even looked at it until the 1900's then its your fault. We kicked you, and kicked you good.

Christan fought for nothing except to kill the "Infidel" and make money. You deserved what you got. And Christanity is still sore about it. Oh that and it seems that your priests have tendancy for boys...Tisk Tisk what a shame you have become. Is that what Jesus died for?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Incidentally, the next reference to priests and child molestation in an unrelated discussion is going to see someone banned.
Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
It undermines everything the Christians fought for.
Which was?

*hands over spade*
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Originally posted by Denyer
Incidentally, the next reference to priests and child molestation in an unrelated discussion is going to see someone banned.

As you wish, though I can't see for the love of me, why you keep Him around. It seems that he is getting out of line. It was his comment that started it:
It's so slanted towards Muslims it makes me sick!
But since your the boss, I will stop the preist comments.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

So, just to make sure, it was a good movie because Muslims got to kick Christian butt?

Okay, just checking.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I'm just presenting an oppossing viewpoint to your wankfest of a movie. I do not think it is historically accurate, and it presents a bias. The Christians fought to keep out invaders from their homelands, just like anybody would. Infidel seems to be a relative term anyway. And don't get me started on pedophilia, Mr. Muhammed and his 9 year old concubine.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Well, you're presenting it in an incredibly inflammatory way. Apparently giving you a chance earlier in the week did nothing. Calm the **** down.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

To be fair, CloudStrifer's review could be taken as particularly inflammatory as well by Christians. Maki and Denyer are the only ones to have approached anything reasonably so far in this thread.

From the reviews I read, Scott was trying to garner sympathy for both sides in the film and ended up sabotaging yet another of his projects by losing focus.
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

See, I could care less about the whole Muslim vs Christian thing. I'm not going to see this movie because I can't stand Orlando Bloom .
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Sades

Post by Sades »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
To be fair, CloudStrifer's review could be taken as particularly inflammatory as well by Christians.

True...

I think both of you (UW and CS) had better tread lightly with this one.
Originally posted by Amarant Odinson
See, I could care less about the whole Muslim vs Christian thing. I'm not going to see this movie because I can't stand Orlando Bloom .
Seconded! Christ, all I've heard since advertising started for this movie was things like

"I'm going to see KoH because Orlando Bloom is so hawwwwwwwt."

... And that's the only damn thing I heard from people about it! "Orlando Bloom is in it!" "Orlando Bloom is hawwwwwwwt!" Said like they expected me to fawn and swoon with them. Ugh.

[/peeve]... um, carry on...
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

I feel sorry for Orlando because you get the feeling he wants to be a genuine actor, not some TRL girl's wet dream.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

On the subject of the film it's messy.

Scott is trying to be original in presenting the muslim view etc but it's a muddled mess. I think in the editing there was to mach "Oh we must educate people on the fat not all arabs are bad" etc and so social engerning took over from a possible good film and it does appear anti-Christian. But then hollywood for many years has had a strong venom for Christian ideals. Probably due to right wing agencies forcing Considering cuts, regulation and bans. All the things Hollywood hates the most. Islamic values are more or less the same and in the current climate are enforced more extreamly, it's silly courting those groups as well only to tuen them ahainst the majority of the output.

Funny enough a film in which Scott's aims were excuted much better would be Robin Hood: Prince of thieves 14 years ago

Scott is only capable of making fantastic films or well blow average ones. This isn't one of the fantastic ones. Partly because Orlando is to inexperenced an actor to carry weight, give good speaches or project himself. Something a leader characters MUSt be able to do if the film is to work.

I susgests that if Orlando Bloom wants to be a greta actor, he works in theatre for a few years, in which you hone your craft and more importantly learn to project yourself. A leader characterr nees to project themselves. Look at Russel Crown. In Gladator and Master & Commander he can project his authority like no other young actor today. probably as he spent years paying his dues, learning his craft before he became famous.
A another film with thats a mess is last samuari. becsause Cruise doesn't have that ability to project himself like Russel Crow the films on one level doesn't become believeable.

By the way CS and UM, you seriously have prejudice issues. You may get slapped down for them easily here but to need to consider seriously fighting your prejuices for your own sakes.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Was talking to one of my mates, she said she went to see at the cinema, i asked what she thought of it and she said "Well lets put it this way, i spent about half of the film looking around the cinema" when i asked why she didnt like it she said "it was too 'holy'"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1

I susgests that if Orlando Bloom wants to be a greta actor, he works in theatre for a few years, in which you hone your craft and more importantly learn to project yourself.

And you're qualified to make this statement because...?
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Sixswitch

It's a statement that doesn't need qualificaions.

It's clear generally actor's who spend years honing their craft, especially in the theatre, are much better than those who are given instant stardom.

Olando Bloom isn't a particulary good actor. he's not bad but he clearly can't carry a part.
Actors also tend to get better as they learn more and take tougher parts.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

because hes allowed to give his own opinion maybe? jesus christ people on here are so against what other people say...
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
because hes allowed to give his own opinion maybe? jesus christ people on here are so against what other people say...

Not at all. I just find it funny that Jetfire's giving career advice to an actor. I should have been more clear as to my intentions with the post. I didn't mean to come across as a dick. Sorry Jets.

Anyway, I happen to agree that Orlando Bloom doesn't have enough screen presence to take a main role in a film. Even in Lord of the Rings when he was doing all his flashy stunts he didn't really exude screen presence.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Not at all. I just find it funny that Jetfire's giving career advice to an actor. I should have been more clear as to my intentions with the post. I didn't mean to come across as a dick. Sorry Jets.

Anyway, I happen to agree that Orlando Bloom doesn't have enough screen presence to take a main role in a film. Even in Lord of the Rings when he was doing all his flashy stunts he didn't really exude screen presence.

-Ss

Just because Jets himself hasnt become a theatre actor it doesnt mean any career advice given as such is moot. He has a good point, in theatre you have to learn vocal and physical projection of your lines and role, because there are no camera angles motivating your actions... Just you. If Bloom were to take part in theatre acting (and suceed) he would learn how to garner a physical presence.
Brave Maximus

Can I put my 2 Cents in on the Acting thing?

Post by Brave Maximus »

I agree that Bloom needs more "honing". My problem is - I can see some real potential there. Yes, he's a pretty boy, but - he's trying not to be - he honnestly wants to go out and do "real" acting. But, he needs more experience in major roles. And Jets is right, live theatre is the place to do it. When you're up on stage - there are no multipul takes - you get it right the first time, and if the audience doesn't believe it - they'll let you know. Not by boo ing or anything so vile - you just feel it. When you're up there, and the audience is hooked in the moment and they honnestly feel you and are with you - there is nothing like it. You get so much.... energy, life, power from them - and there's nothing that can stop you.

On the other hand, when they don't buy it - it's like pulling teeth. A dead audience can suck your energy so fast that by the end of the first act, you're done. So you try new things, put more feeling, more life into it.

But, to come to Blooms defence - I think a lot of directors also see this potential in him, and leave him to his own devices. This can be killer for a potentially good actor. When you're just starting to get your feet under you - you need that director there to give you direction (I know, shocking) - to tell you what is working, what isn't, what his idea's for the character, scene, movie are and how you fit into his plan. The director shouldn't have to hold your hand the whole way through - but when you're just starting out, you need a bit more from the director that a seasoned actor. A director cannot treat Orlando Bloom (who has great potential - with work) like they would Sean Connery. And I think that's part of the problem.

Oh - I did like the Last Samurai. Tom Cruise wasn't supposed to be a great military commander in the movie - he was a drunk trying to die - and in that role I think he did an exceptional job. He made me believe, and by the end, feel for the character. That's the point of being a good actor - when you can get someone to actually care what happens to you by the end of the film.