Tom Hanks to star in upcoming TF movie?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Tom Hanks to star in upcoming TF movie?

Post by Nevermore »

Check this link or download this interview.

To sum it up: Yes, Tom is a TF fan (although he doesn't know the full lyrics to the G1 theme song), and he would like to play a part in the upcoming TF movie ("preferrably Optimus Prime", although that part was more of a joke remark), BUT:
- He has not been contacted yet.
- He didn't even know a new TF movie was in the works.

So - nothing but a rumor so far, but since he's both a fan himself AND a big-name actor, there might still be a chance that he'll be given the chance to play whoever they offer him.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Considering his good pal Steven Spielberg is at the producing helm I cannot see why he would not be asked. I think he would be a good Windcharger, or Prowl.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

wouldnt mind seeing him as sparkplug or someone, while im not the kind of fanboy who says "all the g1 voice actors should return" i am safe in my opinion that i wouldnt want big time actors to voice any of the transformers.
Hound

Post by Hound »

If Hanks is going to be in the film I'd prefer it not be as a voice actor as I can't see him being a secondary character and wouldn't want him voicing Optimus or Megatron.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

yeah,i'll really like him play as one of the humans.being an evil general or even sparkplug.but no voice acting.his voice wont fit in.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
ShinCDX
Protoform

Post by ShinCDX »

Hey, look at Toy Story - Tom Hanks has experience being a toy, so him voicing a TF isn't that far off....though it is a bit outlandish. I could see him as G.B Blackrock
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I'm still intrigued by this conclusion:

"One, he is a HUGE Transformers fan/collector. A few years ago on a late night talk show he did his rendition of the Transformers theme song for all to hear."

Allegation 1 is backed up by fact 2 HOW exactly?
Ultimate Weapon

Originally posted by Nevermore
I'm still intrigued by this conclusion:

"One, he is a HUGE Transformers fan/collector. A few years ago on a late night talk show he did his rendition of the Transformers theme song for all to hear."

Allegation 1 is backed up by fact 2 HOW exactly?

Perhaps he has ammassed a large toy collection in his basement.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I watched a video of that interview. He said it was a show he used to watch a lot back in the 80's. He was a full grown adult back then, so it wasn't some childish attachment or anything. As an adult perhaps he really liked it?

But yeah, I've never seen anything else which ever has him stating "I'm a huge Transformers fan". Besides, the only lyrics he sang when he did the song on the Tonight Show (he did it Sinatra-style, BTW) were the two lyrics every grandmother or person who hasn't been living under a rock for 20 years knows. "More than meets the eye/Robots in disguise". Had he thrown in "Autobots wage their battles..." I would be more likely to think he was a big fan. Hell, even the updated themesong for Energon doesn't use that lyric.

But he did watch the show regularly as an adult, so maybe he just liked it.
Ultimate Weapon

Nobody really has concrere proof that Mel Brooks is a huge fan. Perhaps in Hollywood it is something you do not go around and talk about!

"Spaceballs the lunch box!":p
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

It might be interesting if it's true.

I can't really imagine him as a TF, but then, it was hard at first to imagine him as "Woody" from Toy Story.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Tom Hanks is officially the coolest guy in Hollywood for cutting off a reporter to sing the classic Transformers theme in what almost sounded like a drunken slur. What a badass.
:smokin:
On another note, in his movie Big, Hanks' character mocked a guy trying to market robots that transformed into buildings.
Vash Stampede
Protoform

Post by Vash Stampede »

He called the autobot's "transformers" but i have to admit that his bit where he sung the g1 theme song was impressive but lacked charisma.
Vash:Normally when you buy an old, used bike, you're supposed to repair it before riding it!
Wolfwood:Are you dissing my beautiful shiny Angelina II?!
Vash:I'm dissing YOU, not your stupid broken bike!
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I can't believe the over-analysis here about him singing that song...

I'd love for him to be a human. It'd give the movie some legitimacy and wouldn't it be nice if it were just him as their human connection and no children were involved?
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon

"Spaceballs the lunch box!":p
and the toilet paper

and the t shirt
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

He's too old for Spike, and too young for Sparkplug. Maybe he could be some type of General or Military personel. I don't think his voice would make a good Transformer voice though. I'm hoping that most of the TF voices are highly computerized anyway.
Soundwarp SG-1
Protoform

Post by Soundwarp SG-1 »

Well if they put that robot voice sound effect thing I think he would make a great Prowl, intellgent but kind of smart ass
Vash Stampede
Protoform

Post by Vash Stampede »

He would make a pretty good prowl that's the only autobot i see him as plus he's too much of a smart arse to be sparkplug otherwise it'd be alright.
Vash:Normally when you buy an old, used bike, you're supposed to repair it before riding it!
Wolfwood:Are you dissing my beautiful shiny Angelina II?!
Vash:I'm dissing YOU, not your stupid broken bike!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
He's too old for Spike, and too young for Sparkplug.

Hanks is 48 years old. Sparkplug is supposed to be Spike's father, not his grandfather.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Hanks is 48 years old. Sparkplug is supposed to be Spike's father, not his grandfather.

i was about to bring that up

hanks would be the perfect age to play sparkplug with spike being early to mid 20's... get jake gyllenhaal as spike or to make it even more legitimate, get colin hanks... toms son