UK Sighting: 6" Titanium Ultra Magnus & WW Megatron!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

UK Sighting: 6" Titanium Ultra Magnus & WW Megatron!

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

6" Titanium G1 Ultra Magnus & 6" WW Titanium Megatron Spotted at Wilkinsons in the UK (retailing at £12.99 each)

Classics Grimlock, Astrotrain & Cliffjumper also spotted at Wilkinsons in the UK at £7.99 each

I picked up Magnus, Astrotrain & Grimlock ImageImage Fun!

If this isn't news, then someone mod-slap me and move it to toys, but I demand this as news cos it was a total "let's look in the toy aisle for stupid Christmas presents, oh wow Transformers" find!
Terome

Post by Terome »

Hey! The above toys have been all over Cape Town for six months now. You can't move down here without a huge stack of War Within Megatrons staring you in the face.

Does this make us, or - more importantly - me special?

Because, you know, it's in Africa.
der2

Post by der2 »

Hope they appear over here, across the thin stretch of water.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Wilkinsons? As in - Wilkinsons what sell gardening stuff, general bits and bobs, and (usually) cheap and duff toys?

:wtf:

Tell me it's true! I work right damn next to the Wilko's in Leicester! (Although I won't be back at work until Thursday...)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Nice. I'd recommend Cliffjumper, as well. The BB/Cliffjumper mold is my favorite in classics.
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

Was there ever any confirmed sighting of G1 Magnus in US retail? (specially in Southern California)
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
StoneCold Skywarp

Originally posted by Clogs
Wilkinsons? As in - Wilkinsons what sell gardening stuff, general bits and bobs, and (usually) cheap and duff toys?
The very same...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Cheers, Warp. Payday on Friday. Oh, please please please.... Magnus is just so terribly cool a figure and I'd take the WW Megs, too. Funnily enough, I'm not keen on the Seeker trio, but The Fallen is still on my 'must-absolutely-have-or-I'll-cry' list (yeah, even I cry like a girly sometimes qv death of Armada Starscream, BW Dinobot etc).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Obviously Skywarp's spreading of the word has caused thousands to descend on Wilko's- In Kiddy's today there was a great big empty shelf with one Cliffjumper and one Titanium Megs left on it...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

I mentioned that G1 Magnus and WW Megs was available in Argos ages ago, but the thread got pulled! back then they were a bargain £10 each!

Got my two and Magnus is superb, the best titanium I've got in fact, although the collection only extends to Rodimus, Megs and Soundwave looks good standing but dont place him on a speaker with his wobbly legs as he will fall and land on your 80G ipod! the two dont mix...
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Originally posted by Clogs
Cheers, Warp. Payday on Friday. Oh, please please please.... Magnus is just so terribly cool a figure and I'd take the WW Megs, too. Funnily enough, I'm not keen on the Seeker trio, but The Fallen is still on my 'must-absolutely-have-or-I'll-cry' list (yeah, even I cry like a girly sometimes qv death of Armada Starscream, BW Dinobot etc).

The Fallen is superb. I absolutely love him. Got him on BBTS with Magnus, who is also great. Had to have them both and I didn't think they'd appear in the UK. Your lucky if you can get them retail! WW Megs is ok, just not great. You have been warned! Review to follow.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Yay! I have Ultra Magnus! And Grimlock and Ramjet!!! All at reasonable cost...

Now, I'll have to put aside the dosh for The Fallen...

Thanks for the heads-up, Warp! :angel:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

Originally posted by Angus
Was there ever any confirmed sighting of G1 Magnus in US retail? (specially in Southern California)

Apparently, there was a sighting in Burbank, CA this morning at a Target.
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Yay! got my Grimlock today. Is anyone else reminded more of the Pretender version of Grim?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Terome

Post by Terome »

I love Classics Grimlock. I will defend him until I die or a better Grimlock comes out.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Left the Frontline team - new jobs starts Monday - at lunch today and was presented with a Classics Megatron (the G2-ey tank, the one that was issued with Prime in the two-set). Was told off since I had popped out at break and grabbed that last WW Megs off the Wilko's shelves, which the team had apparently cased out.

Unfortunately, the general staff at Wilko's could not tell me if more TFs were expected. We shall see, my Precious; oh, we shall see.... :smokin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
StoneCold Skywarp

I found Mirage at my local Wilko's on Friday along with Ramjet and the concept Camaro Bumblebee.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Topped up shelves! Plenty of Mirage, Grimlock and Astrotrain(!), plus one Ramjet when I looked on Friday. Some Legends figures, not a big selection, grabbed a Barricade. Alas, only UM and WW Megs Titaniums still - will we ever see any others?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]