MP Prime shots / news policy discussion (kept for reference)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Bunch of good Masterpiece Prime shots...

Post by Denyer »

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1945357

Pretty nice. Me want... smaller version.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

holy **** he's big...Could have a nice wrestling showdown between Masterpiece Prime & Unicron I think :P

"annnd Prime hits the gorilla press....Unicron is dooownnnnnnn"
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Yeah, smaller and plastic parts are good enough for me if they'll drop the price...
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

* coughs *

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... adid=18549

Scooped! ;)

I guess I'm not the only one getting tired of incredibly large figures. Only so much room on the shelf, you see...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

It's not so much that it's so big, it's that it's so big and that raises the price to a ridiculous level...:wall:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by BigMaki
* coughs *

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... adid=18549

Scooped! ;)
Would've been scooped if you'd posted it in the right damn forum...
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by Denyer
Would've been scooped if you'd posted it in the right damn forum...

Hey, I didn't post it, but I'd think Toys/Merchandise would be a logical place for it to go... Where's that shrugging his shoulders smiley? :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's news. Toys/merch is for discussion of TF products, and MP Prime isn't shipped and in hand. Nor is it a kitbash. The question "would you buy this (insert pic)?" would suit Toys, because News ain't about questions. It's more for drooling/speculation, really...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm actually getting him because of his size. If it were smaller, I wouldn't consider it because I have so many primes all ready. It's the size that makes him unique.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

It's news. Toys/merch is for discussion of TF products, and MP Prime isn't shipped and in hand. Nor is it a kitbash. The question "would you buy this (insert pic)?" would suit Toys, because News ain't about questions. It's more for drooling/speculation, really...

And thus, the reason I never browse by forum, only by recent post is revealed to me. I always kind of figured, "Hey, it's a toy, so it should be posted in toys." Shows how little I know about this place, I guess. ;)

Just thought it curious to have 2 topics that are just about identical to each other open at the same time is all... :rolleyes:
ShinCDX
Protoform

Post by ShinCDX »

Very impressive. Up until now, I had only seen pics of an unpainted prototype.... but this is truly magnificent....almost every detail captured.... But no trailer?:confused:
Oldschool TF fan
Protoform

Post by Oldschool TF fan »

I love him. I've always wanted a Prime that was like on the cartoons but this is more than you could ask for. Another fig I've been wanting for around 17yrs.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by BigMaki
And thus, the reason I never browse by forum, only by recent post is revealed to me. I always kind of figured, "Hey, it's a toy, so it should be posted in toys." Shows how little I know about this place, I guess. ;)

Logic has no place here. You should know that by now. ;)

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Then why did you move my Arcee custom thread?:eyebrow:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Because it's a custom/kitbash, not a product.

We've usually got topics multiples... but if you take the news (and upcoming toys make up a large chunk of that) out of here, is there any point in having a news forum? The only other current products are reprints and DW, and convention stuff isn't exactly thick on the ground.

This is possibly why I don't visit this place for news; only about three-and-a-half people regularly post their finds in it.

Should we can this forum and stick with the news lister on the front page?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I come to this forum for news, as this is the only TF site I regularly frequent. There are a few reference sites I go to in order to look at pics of old toys so that I can decide if I want them, but I really don't find any news there. So, I vote to keep this forum.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Because it's a custom/kitbash, not a product.

We've usually got topics multiples... but if you take the news (and upcoming toys make up a large chunk of that) out of here, is there any point in having a news forum? The only other current products are reprints and DW, and convention stuff isn't exactly thick on the ground.

This is possibly why I don't visit this place for news; only about three-and-a-half people regularly post their finds in it.

Should we can this forum and stick with the news lister on the front page?

Well it would eleviate the need to post 2 threads on an identical subject. But since you asked if it were my way I would lessen the forums into 1 single Transformers thread. I believe the Archive has too many forums as it is, just my opinion.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
I would lessen the forums into 1 single Transformers thread.
It worked really well when there were only about ten people posting.

I do think that there's too much redundancy here now with individual forums, a news forum and the lister. Maybe if there were a way to operate psuedo forums, in which topics were marked for inclusion into a news forum incorporating posts from all the others...

Not sure if vB can handle that, or even if any BB software out there can. It would make an awful lot of sense, though.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Not sure if vB can handle that, or even if any BB software out there can. It would make an awful lot of sense, though.

It could be done manually. Kinda like the way you handle the Online TF Resources forum. It'd be a bitch to maintain though.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I could just swipe anything which constituted genuine news into this forum with a redir left... I do usually read Toys&Merch, so it's a solution of sorts. There isn't going to be any BW+BM/RiD/JapaneseTF news as such, and I also read G1 sometimes.

Yeah, that's probably the best solution. May take a few cross-forum threadmerges sometimes (the software is happy with this AFAIK), but I think it bears up to scrutiny as a working policy.

Here's how it's going to work:

Toys: Kitbashes, customs, shipping products.

News: Forthcoming official products. eg, Energon, unreleased Alternators.

With that in mind I'm going to go and raid Toys&Merch a bit.