Japanese Cybertron = "Galaxy Force" / Megatron & Optimus first pics

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Japanese Cybertron = "Galaxy Force" / Megatron & Optimus first pics

Post by Nevermore »

As originally posted by TFormers. Looks like Gonzo will do the animation.

---

Denyer's edit: As posted by Darth Shrapnel...

Clear picture of Convoy
http://fantofan.jp/news/mag/newtype1.jpg

Megatron
http://fantofan.jp/news/mag/animage1.jpg
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
ssjautobot
Protoform

Post by ssjautobot »

i was wondering what cybertron would be called in Japan. and that picture look like it could be the next optimus prime. but that way it describes it, it seems optimus wont be running the show? whats everyone elses opinion
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Wow. I didn't know pictures that blurry existed outside of Star Magazine.

Anyway, if Gonzo's doing the art, it should prove pretty decent...I hope. Not that they can screw up as badly as whomever did Armada.
ssjautobot
Protoform

Post by ssjautobot »

ive never seen anything what gonzo did. but as time armadas animation was great. like in the first episode where you see optimus and megatron for the first time, and they have the clinched fingers "power struggle"
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by ssjautobot
like in the first episode where you see optimus and megatron for the first time, and they have the clinched fingers "power struggle"

Well, yeah. But the animation for the first few episodes (while not spectacular) was ten time better than at pretty much any other point in the series.
ssjautobot
Protoform

Post by ssjautobot »

yeah thats true. especially when times when optimus is in super mode. he never truly looked good in that form execpt in the first episode or in the trnasformation scene. even when powerlinked with jetfire
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

If Gonzo's doing it, we should be in for one hell of a treat. Galaxy Force, however, is the worst name ever.

The bot in that pic seems to have yellow fins behind his head. Could the next Supreme Cybertron Commander possibly be a souped-up Rodimus Convoy?
ssjautobot
Protoform

Post by ssjautobot »

but it seems that the chest portion of this supreme commander looks alot like optimus. i guess we would have ot wait for the press release
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Just looking at the arms and legs - it has a War With In feel to it. I wonder what the "Supermode Prime" gimic will be this time...

And for a thought - I wonder what Cybertron's gimic will be?
It's a continuation of the Armada\Energon universe though - thankfully.
ssjautobot
Protoform

Post by ssjautobot »

hmmm, it could take the powerlink up a notch? like in armada they eached pwerlinked with one mini-con, in energon each transformers can powerlink with another. maybe in this one, multiple transfromers (more than 2) can powerlink
Whirl's Rear Rotor

Post by Whirl's Rear Rotor »

Multiple bot combiners have been around since Devastator in 1984 - I doubt that's a gimmick they'd want to make their main theme. Besides, the later stages of Energon feature just those sorts of combiners, so they'd be retreading ground they themselves had covered. I just don't see why there needs to be a gimmick - it's a sign of the times, I suppose.

I can only hope they'll drop the stupid anime thing of putting in a sort of animated splash screen every time someone powerlinks, or Optimus goes to super mode or, y'know, someone trips over or coughs. They always seem to jump in the air, shout the name of the attack they're going to make, and strike a pose while radiating lines flash in the background (in Armada's case, possibly to blind you so you can't see how abysmally the characters are drawn). Alright, RiD was much worse for that than Armada or Energon, but it's still pretty prevalent now. Some of the big battle scenes in RiD seemed more like a roll call than a fight. I know I can't really moan, since the show's aimed at kids, but my cousins are part of its target audience and *they* find it patronising.

By the way, I have nothing against anime per se, but this isn't exactly Akira - it's closer to Pokemon. Thankfully Gonzo gave us the gorgeous Hellsing, so maybe things will start to go right.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Whirl's Rear Rotor
I can only hope they'll drop the stupid anime thing of putting in a sort of animated splash screen every time someone powerlinks, or Optimus goes to super mode or, y'know, someone trips over or coughs.

As annoying as it is, it's an anime tradition that's been going on for decades now. As long as Takara is in charge of creating the TV shows, it's not likely to change. But when you've got a show as good as Superlink, the occasional "Grand Convoy - Suuppaa mmoodoo!" isn't so bad.
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

i must say that we are in a real treat if gonzo is doing it, i couldnt watch energon cuz the cell shading just seemed so bad to me >.< but hopefully gonzo will pull off a good job just as they have with their other titles
ssjautobot
Protoform

Post by ssjautobot »

i personally like the animation in energon. and everyonce in a while, we are treated to some very beautiful real animation. the most ive seen was in episode 29 i think, and it was when megatron branded inferno. that was some of the most gorgeous animation in all of armada and energon
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

Originally posted by ssjautobot
i personally like the animation in energon. and everyonce in a while, we are treated to some very beautiful real animation

When ifirst seen Ironhide running, i think of some sort of error: is not possible that he seems floatingand moving his legs! But then, when i see many other eps, i noted that the entire animation of TF Energon is like this, whit lots of CG, the robot with a 3D look, but a lack in fluid movement.

Gonzo? A good style, altough i doubt that fit well whit Transformers.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Gonzo, eh? They're also doing the upcoming GI Joe anime OVA. Hey, maybe we'll get a crossover like when Toei did both Transformers and GI Joe cartoons at the same time!

Not likely.

Gonzo seems like a capable studio. Aeon was just a bunch of six year olds with a box of crayons. I couldn't believe how bad the animation in Armada was. I liked the whole "Zoids"-thing Energon had going. A serious upgrade from Armada (what was the name of the studio that did Energon again?).

But what I REALLY want is for America to start writing the episodes again. We were just...better.
Arctos Prime
Protoform

Post by Arctos Prime »

I gotta say i think it would be a refreshing change to see Optimus in a bit more of a supporting role. Most of you guys are right that Gonzo did pretty bad with Armada. i think it only really looked good in the first Episode when all the characters didin't scan any vehicles
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Arctos Prime
Most of you guys are right that Gonzo did pretty bad with Armada.

You mean, Aeon?
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
But what I REALLY want is for America to start writing the episodes again. We were just...better.

BW/BM were certainly the most well-written TF shows, but Superlink's writing is no less than 8000 times better than G1.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion
BW/BM were certainly the most well-written TF shows, but Superlink's writing is no less than 8000 times better than G1.

I haven't watched enough of Energon to be sure, just a few episodes here and there. So I'm not sure on the overall quality of the series. From what I did see, I liked it quite a bit. It was superior to Armada, at any rate (which isn't too difficult).

But season 3's writing was pretty good, IMO. It's major downfall was the animation getting puked out by Akom studios. And I thought Toei's work on season 1 and 2 were bad. But story-wise, season 3 was decent. Still, since I haven't watched enough of Energon to make a final decision, I can't say whether it's better or not. Now that it's on in the afternoon I'll be watching it a lot more.