Movie discussion thread [EXPECT SPOILERS!]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
BlueSkids

I saw the movie last night ( Warning: real spoilers without tags! )

Post by BlueSkids »

Yes. I was in the European Premiere in Sitges, Catalonia, Spain, this night. Actually, I've arrived at my home right now.
I watched the movie in original version, so I heard Peter Cullen's voice, and it's nice, but sadly I'm dissapointed by the movie.

I liked the trailers, the photos, the scenes in Youtube, I even liked the robot designs and I bought the toys... but the movie is, well, I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, but it's bad. Real bad*.

If you want to know anything about the movie, just reply to this post, I'll tell you whatever you want.

Some interesting notes: In the movie, Brawl is called Devastator. Curious, isn't it?

Also, some classic lines appear in the film, like " More than meets the eye ", " One shall fall, one shall stand ", " You failed me, Starscream ", " freedom is the right of all sentient beings " and some more.

* just my opinion, I know. Besides, I'm going to see it again in July 4, and I'm hoping to enjoy it more the second time.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

:eek:

in sitges ?! did you like have a massive party on the beach afterwards ?

Is shia any good ? I liked the pre-reviews going on about he's the next ... erm, *guy who played marty in back to the future*
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

I actually liked Shia, really. I liked him and his family. And Bumblebee.

And for the beach party... the adventure afterwards was trying to find again the motorway and a gas station.
Clay

Re: I saw the movie last night ( real spoilers )

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by BlueSkids
I liked the trailers, the photos, the scenes in Youtube, I even liked the robot designs and I bought the toys... but the movie is, well, I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, but it's bad. Real bad*.

In what ways? I have not read the script, but I know the synopsis of the plot, and that's not the reason I'm going to see it.

Are the action sequences poorly done or something?
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Well, about the action, almost in every battle sequence things are too fast to understand what are you seeing. Then, a slow sequence appears, breaking the rythm of the images.

In this film, the decepticons always choose to stop and fire, instead of charging or simply stepping on the humans ( Scorponock and Devastator really likes this tactic, even if they are not able to kill Josh Duhamel's marines shooting at them with all their weapons ).

For example, despite all Devastator fearsome weaponary, he cannot kill two humans covered behind some destroyed cars.

The defense secretary ends in a Hoover Dam basement firing towards Frenzy, who is beheaded by one of his own cd-shurikens.

Agent Simmons pissed me off. And Frenzy too. The little guy is like a metallic Gremlin.

Megatron is killed by a salvo of F-22's rockets, and finished by Sam puting the downsized Allspark inside Meggys chest.

Bumblebee's first fight against Barricade is not showed, instead, we can watch Frenzy tearing off Sam's trousers.

When Sector Seven captures Bumblebee, they inmediatly put him on a table and start torturing the poor guy.

A soon as Megatron is defrosted, he speaks in english. The Autobots had learned this language thanks to Internet.

The Allspark can bring life to Nokias, steering wheels and refreshments dispensers, turning them into deadly killing machines armed with machine guns and rpg greande launchers.

When BB is captured, the rest of the Autobots are just on a nearby bridge, but they doesn't help him, just because " they could hurt the humans ". Oh, and the location of the Allspark is printed on Archibald's glasses.

I even get tired of the transformations.

Bumblebee urinated lubricant on Agent Simmons. Is true.

Ironhide and BB take cover behind a truck filled with Furbies when Starscream fires a pair of missiles towards them. That was funny.

I guess the movie rythm can be resumed like this:

Fast-Fast-slow-fun-slow-fun-slow-fun-fast-fast-slooooow-fast-slow-fast-slow-fast...

I'm not a professional, so these are only my impressions, my thoughts about things I disliked in the movie. The effects are superb, BB talking via-radio is nice, lots of details, the robots are very cool, there are good jokes, but as a movie, I don't like it. And I'm really sorry about it, really. :(

EDIT: Er... Spoiler tags?
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

I'm curious at a closer-to-final-cut review...

As the thread's already marked with spoilage, let's hear it. :)
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

closer-to-final-cut

What do you mean? :confused:
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

What do you mean? :confused:

The studio is still apparently tweaking clips based on pre-release audiences.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Er... Spoiler tags?
Nevermind, the whole thread's marked as containing spoilers.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

I hope.

Another thing, Cybertron appears in the movie, and is very different! And cool! With high transforming spires... I liked this vision of the planet.

Ask, ask; now that I've just spitted all the venom, I'm starting to remember the movie's good things! :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

A soon as Megatron is defrosted, he speaks in english. The Autobots had learned this language thanks to Internet.

Oh, lord.

"Let me show you my altnerate mode.
My alternate mode. Let me show you it."

"im on ur planet, hidin in ur icecaps"

"I can has energon?"

"I has an energy cube. NOOOOOO, they be stealin my energy cube!"
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Thinking about it ( the movie, my reaction, my opinion... ) I realized I need to see it again.

Now that I actually know the plot, the fights, the voices, Bay's style... I'm pretty sure I will like the movie more the second time than the first.

Not sure if it's a good thing or not, though.
Rhodes
Protoform

Post by Rhodes »

Movie music, the begining titles has the transformers music or some music to pay homage to that? The soundtrack is good?
Me Grimlock Kick But...
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

My buddy works as a manager for the local theatre here and I saw it last night.
I actually liked Shia, really. I liked him and his family. And Bumblebee.

Yeah, he played the role pretty good. Best performance in the movie by far. As for Megan Fox, she was horrible. Only thing she was good for was eye candy.

Thinking about it ( the movie, my reaction, my opinion... ) I realized I need to see it again.

Now that I actually know the plot, the fights, the voices, Bay's style... I'm pretty sure I will like the movie more the second time than the first.

Absolutely! As you said too, there was just a lot of action going on at once and trying to take it all in is pretty crazy. First thing I said to myself after the movie was, "I gotta see this again for the things I know I missed." This is a movie I will definitely want to put in slow mo on a DVD. This is easily a re-watchable movie.

Some stuff they left open towards a sequel:

- Skorpinok lived after losing his tail and escaped into the sand.

- During the end credits, you see Starscream in jet mode flying away from Earth.

- The allspark created new transformers w/ the vending machines, but never showed what happend to them.

- Optimus sends out a signal into space to notify other Autobots about their victory and to come to Earth at the end.

Other stuff about the movie:

Jazz is the only autobot who dies in the movie.

Almost every other Decepticon dies except Scorpinok and Starscream.

Starscream didn't play a big role in the movie at all which surprised me. Sure, near the end, he got into it with the F-22s, but he really didn't have many lines. As far as the Deceptions are concerned, it started w/ Blackout and Scorpinok at the base, then focused to Barracade and Frenzy tracking down Megatron and the Allspark. It wasn't until near the end where you saw the rest of the Decepticons get into battle.

I really liked Prime vs. Bonecrusher. That was awesome.

Can someone tell me how all of a sudden, Bumblebee was able to talk at the end?

Witwickey's mom was hilarious in the masterbation scene.
ryanxxx
Protoform

Post by ryanxxx »

seen it today (im in australia).
its ****ing amazing.

couldnt understand what happened to starscream... he just disappeared.... whole coward thing i guess.
i didnt stick around all the way through the credits... the parnets thing pissed me off.

bumbabee thing was really sad... as was jazz getting destroyed.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Saw it earier today also, I enjoyed it personally.

Not going to go into depth, but i'd advise everyone to simply make their own minds up about it.
Petatron 2006
Protoform

Post by Petatron 2006 »

Originally posted by ryanxxx
seen it today (im in australia).
its ****ing amazing.

couldnt understand what happened to starscream... he just disappeared.... whole coward thing i guess.
i didnt stick around all the way through the credits... the parnets thing pissed me off.

bumbabee thing was really sad... as was jazz getting destroyed.

ahh you missed seeing starscream escaping earths atmosphere..
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

I loved the movie.

I am kind of curious about the sequel now, specially since Megatron is dead. I guess they'll have to bring in Shockwave. Or maybe Megatron will be resurrected as Galvatron, who knows...
Can someone tell me how all of a sudden, Bumblebee was able to talk at the end?

I was kind of confused about that too. Did I miss the scene where ratchet fixes his communicator?

EDIT: forgot to mention - Shia kicked butt!
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
A.D.Rodimus

I have seen the movie

Post by A.D.Rodimus »

I have seen the movie tonite and must say that i was amazed. It is incredible. The fight scenes are awesome but sometimes there is too much going on at once

GO AND SEE IT:D :eek:
I have no leg
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

We genuinely do get to look forward to a brand new news topic every time somebody watches it, don't we?

Joy.