New He-Man cartoon

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Zath
Protoform

New He-Man cartoon

Post by Zath »

I have just seen the new He-Man cartoon and I found it good.

It was a bit strange seeing the newer versions of the characters. Some have totally new looks while some remained very similar to their older counterparts.

Having Adam as a 16 year old kid and looking so different from He-Man was odd at first, but I guess it's made to show the contrast in personalities.

I found the animation to be pretty good and a lot better than several of the more current cartoons.

I thought the first episode was also a pretty good setup for the series.

The only other gripe i had was with Gringer not talking. I always found it amusing when he did.

Overall I think this is a pretty good update for what a lot of people consider a classic cartoon.
Transfan
Protoform

On a side note

Post by Transfan »

On another TF forum a member posted that he was told by a reliable that YTV will be airing the new He-Man show starting 09/02/02.So there is hope for us yet Canadians
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

****, I just started a new thread that's the same topic....
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Transfan
Protoform

Another confirmation

Post by Transfan »

http://www.he-man.org/ has reported that YTV will be airing the new He Man cartoon 09/02/2002 starting with the 90 minute premiere 12:30pm-1:30pm.Canadians check your listing as the airing times will differ depending on you timezone
Zath
Protoform

4th Ep opinions

Post by Zath »

I really liked this episode, i thought the action sequences were very good, and the story was also above average IMO.

I still dont like the sounds they gave Cringer, somehow the kitty sound dont fit.

Cartoon network has a winner with this show and it being the lead-in for Armada will help keep Transformers on the air which can be good or not depending on how Armada handles itself in the next episodes.
Merat
Protoform

Post by Merat »

I just thought it was nice hearing Gary Chalk again. His voice fits Man-At-Arms perfectly.
Merat
Protoform

Post by Merat »

Not that I don't enjoy hearing him as Optimus yet again :)

Anyone else catch him as the Russian Colonel on StarGate SG1 in the episode 48-Hours?
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

The guy doing He-Mans voice ummm sucks at it. Let him be a Ninja Turtle, thats about all he is good at.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Merat
I just thought it was nice hearing Gary Chalk again. His voice fits Man-At-Arms perfectly.

Did anyone hear Waspinator as Merman? The guy uses almost the exact same voice. I wasn't paying attention when Merman appeared on screen so at first I actually thought Beast Wars had somehow came on when I wasn't looking.