Worst Sailor Moon episode ever

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Transfan
Protoform

Worst Sailor Moon episode ever

Post by Transfan »

I was just watching Sailor Moon today.The episode was "Day of Destiny"the final episode of the first Sailor Moon season. Avoid watching this episode at all cost.Here are the problems with this episode

1)Originally this was a 2 parter,but DIC cut it down to 1 episode so everything is rushed.

2)The editing was horridly done,certain scenes were reused more then once,and certain scenes were shown in improper order.

3)The Soldiers were not "captured by the Negaverse"They were killed

Sailor Jupiter was electrocuted
Sailor Mercury was burned to death
Sailor Venus was tortured and blown up
Sailor Mars was beat up and blown up

4)Sailor Moon's fight against Prince Endymion was way more brutal

a)She was almost sliced in the stomach
b)She was electrocuted
c)She was kicked in the stomach
d)She was grabbed by the throat and strangled while being tortured by an energy attack
e)She was thrown down to the ground

Also she was about to be beheaded

5)Queen Beryl was stabbed in the stomach by Prince Endymion with a rose that channeled his feelings of love for Princess Serenity

6)Prince Endymion was stabbed in the back protecting Serenity from crystal shards thrown by Queen Beryl in a fit of rage.

This episode had so many edits it's not funny(like Sailor Mercury slapping Sailor Moon).Even the fight between Queen Beryl and the Princess was cut down to a mere shadow of it's former self.
The fight was way more dramatic then what was shown and there was so much more to the fight.This episode's editing was done worse then the old DBZ episodes were you didn't die but
"phased into another dimension"

Okay I'm done ranting now:D
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Ya Id have to agree with you, the last ep of the Classic season was the worst, the season itself was the worst as well (Dub).
Transfan
Protoform

Post by Transfan »

At least the dubbing got better as the series progressed.Sailor Moon S was by far the best dubbed out of the various Sailor Moon series',Sailor Moon R(Crystal Tokyo saga) is second and 3rd is Sailor Moon SuperS.I bump SuperS to 3rd place because of mistakes like

Moon Cosmic Dream Action instead of Moon Crisis Make up
& the fact that attack names were made up that made no sense such as

Mars Mega Fire:Burning Mandala(jap)Mars Celestial Fire Surround (dub)

Supreme Sparkling Thunder:Sparkling Wide Pressure(jap & sub)Jupiter Thunderclap Zap

Mars Mega Fire,Supreme Sparkling Thunder blech:mad:
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

One of the eps for Super S was ****ed up....they replayed a whole scene over again, like exact replay, not a flashback or anything, cant remember what ep it was though...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

I don't know, but I saw it this morning, too. I've got almost all the eps on tape. I'm just missing the last five from Super S. I didn't really think they were bad...at least not till they got to the S series.
Transfan
Protoform

Post by Transfan »

All I know is that to get the taste of that of that horridly dubbed episode out of my mouth I think I'll watch the uncut subbed version I have on VHS:cool:
Jim

Post by Jim »

The final season 1 episode for the DiC Dub was actually 3 episodes, I think. AFAIC, I liked the DiC Dub of Sailor Moon. It is out on DVD as well, which is all good. :D However, ADV FINALLY aquired the rights to the original Sailor Moon Season 1 and 2 i.e. it will be released as Japanese Only w/English Subtitles with all the missing episodes as well.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

Well, they are FINALLY starting to air Sailormoon here in Holland. So next Tuesday when they air the first episode, I'm going to find out just how horrible those dubs are... At least I HOPE I will.. They might have dubbed the entire thing in Dutch(which is usually even worse then the English ones, hard to imagine but true)
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

If the Scouts get killed how can there be seasons afterwards?
Transfan
Protoform

Post by Transfan »

Originally posted by Blaster_86
If the Scouts get killed how can there be seasons afterwards?

Through the power of Sailor Moon's crystal Sailor Moon,Prince Endymion & the Sailor Scouts were reborn to live their life as normal people.This was done so that it could be a series finale or a season finale depending on the demand at the time