Uncanny X-Men #412

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Halfshell

Uncanny X-Men #412

Post by Halfshell »

Isn't there some rule about un-blueing Warren?

I have to say I'm beginning to get annoyed now... they've lost the line between New and Uncanny. Used to be fairly simple to follow, but now with Chuck, Hank, Monet and Warren flitting back and forth between the two it's almost impossible to work out what's happening in what order.

I'd imagine that the current arc in New is set after Uncanny's "Hope", solely based on Archy's skin... but then where's Juggy gone?

B'ah. Divide 'em up again, I say.

QQ: How many issues of X-Factor were there total?
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

I was disappointed at the "un-bluing" as well. I thought he looked pretty cool with the blue face and blonde hair. Now he looks like every other blond superhero...

As far as splitting up the teams? When they start doing stuff like this, expect a crossover soon enough. Of course, I haven't read New X-Men 131 yet, though Emma's looking very nice on the cover... :D

As for X-Factor? The original series ran until #148, I believe. The new limited was a 4-issue thing, and I'm still trying to find #1 and #3. It was excellent...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by BigMaki
I was disappointed at the "un-bluing" as well. I thought he looked pretty cool with the blue face and blonde hair. Now he looks like every other blond superhero...
He looked ice cool with the blue skin and the shaved blond hair. The big downside of it is that now he's back to exactly the way he was before the incident with the Marauders...
As far as splitting up the teams? When they start doing stuff like this, expect a crossover soon enough.
Crossovers I can cope with. It's the whole poaching characters without explanation that bugs me...
Of course, I haven't read New X-Men 131 yet, though Emma's looking very nice on the cover... :D
When doesn't Emma look nice? ;)
Eh. The cover art's about as good as it gets, I think. Not the best drawn issue. And I note that Morrison took note of Cliffy's disdain about the only non fatality of Weapon XII (or was it XIII?) being the one nobody had heard of...
As for X-Factor? The original series ran until #148, I believe. The new limited was a 4-issue thing, and I'm still trying to find #1 and #3. It was excellent...

Thanks muchly. I picked up a job lot of the early issues off ebay several months back, and stumbled across some more (from both runs) in Forbidden Planet's sale boxes yesterday.

I'd forgotten about the recent mini-series, though. I enjoyed the first issue, but never really got the chance to finish reading the second... didn't bother with it after that. Which is odd, because I still continue to waste money on X-treme...
Chase
Protoform

Post by Chase »

unblue?!? how the hell did he manage that!

its as farcical as growing feathers out of metal wings :)
BigMaki
Protoform

Correction for Brend...

Post by BigMaki »

X-Factor ran through issue #149, not 148. This led into Mutant-X, which I've never read, even though I'm a bigger Havok fan than most. I've got almost every issue between #12 and #108, save for a few in the 50's. Nothing in those runs really stands out as being exceptional to me except the stuff from Inferno and the issues in the late 60's, before the new team took over. Whilce Portacio's art never looked better than it did then. Too bad he went from a Jim Lee impersonation to a Jae Lee impersonation...

I really hope that they explain exactly how Black Tom sucked the blue out of him, though I expect they'll simply go, "Warren, you're white again! I wonder how that happened?" and then drop it...
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Whilce Portacio was round before Jim Lee.
And his X-factor art is among my fav ever for any comic.

Portacuio was (an in used to be) one of the all time most expressive pencillers in the mainstream comic biz.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Chase
unblue?!? how the hell did he manage that!

The life was being sucked out of him, and his skin was all shrivelled up. When they managed to stop the process, all the blood/whatever returned to where it should be, and he was white again
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Mutant X is a terrific book. Don't get it confused with the TV series and subsequent comic book though.

X-Factor went very quickly downhill sadly, from Peter David leaving, to killing Jamie off, to becoming very second string, the Forge thing, the desperation of the Mystique & Sabretooth thing, all that ****ing with Havok... Aside from the event status of #149, I wouldn't pay money for anything later thasn Onslaught in that series.