Galaxy Express 999

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sheba
Protoform

Galaxy Express 999

Post by Sheba »

I remember this anime-movie (rather poorly dubbed) that came out in the early '80s. It was about this kid that travels across the solar system on this wierd train that can fly thru space (Galaxy 999) on some sort of quest.

Anybody remember this film? The animation looked like Star Blazers (which I watched a LOT of back then).
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Ultra Magnus
Protoform

Post by Ultra Magnus »

yes I do I thought it was good supposedly the argo is in it some where same guy as sb did it
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

I have seen it, I hated it.
Sheba
Protoform

Post by Sheba »

One thing I noticed is the conductor of Galaxy 999 looks like Vivi in Final Fantasy 9. :eek: :eek:
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Yes I remember the movie and the tv series.
The author was Leiji (Reiji) Matsumoto, the same man who created StarBlazers (Battleship Yamato) and "Captain Harlock" (Uchu Kaizoku Captain Harlock or something like this)