Dynasty Warriors: Gundam

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Hound

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam

Post by Hound »

I don't know what it is about this game but it has me hooked.

My brother-in-law let me play the first one and I've since gotten the other two. I completely finished the first one and am working my way through doing everything on the second one before I play 3.

I know the AI is super easy and it's way too repetitive, but I can't stop playing. I think what's got me right now is trying to figure out just how many missions there are in the mission mode on DW:G2.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

They're super addictive! I love using Wing Gundam because they failed to balance it at all, so it can wipe out an entire field in one go.

From a technical standpoint, they're awful games. But they're great timesinks.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I love these games.

They give me time to play Minecraft.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

I played Dynasty Warriors 7 pretty hardcore for a few months. The drive to collect and do EVERYTHING can get out of hand at times. However if you start bumping up the difficulty it starts to get really really hard. Like fiendishly hard.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

DWG:2 is the best of the series and I put many, many hours into it. DWG:3 technically plays better, but you lose a LOT of what made two replayable and enjoyable (less voice work, less 'stories', a lot less character interactions and sub-missions...)

DWG:3 has more 'balanced' missions, a superior online mode, and more responsive play. It also has the Deathscythe and Heavy Arms. The missions, due to the new emphasis on multi-player, wind up being a lot more homegenous and there's no longer any training of individual friendships or characters. Worst, it has no official mode, opting instead for the 'mysterious planet' story similar to DWG:1.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I played, erm, Samurai Warriors(? I think that's the English title. Only ever played it over here) on PS2 but haven't gotten around to picking up any of the PS3 titles yet. Love those games though. I'll either pick up One Piece Musou or Maybe the latest Samurai one though, I reckon. Probably One Piece (I heard the English language localisation is a bit pants, so I'll go for the local edition).

I was interested in the Gundam games, but the first one seemed a bit bland, enemy-wise, compared to other entries in the series. The, erm, third maybe looked really good though.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I've nearly unlocked every playable character! Now I just need to complete the story missions with them all. That is likely what I will be spending my day doing today...
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Hound wrote:I've nearly unlocked every playable character! Now I just need to complete the story missions with them all. That is likely what I will be spending my day doing today...
Do yourself a favor and grab a FAQ for the missions. Some of them are pretty good, but it takes a lot of oddball things to do to unlock them. (10 missions against Gundams in a regular ZAKU, etc.)
Hound

Post by Hound »

Oh I've got one.

I finished unlocking all playable characters today and am nearly done completing the story missions for all characters.

*pants*

So much work involved in this damn game.
Sades

Post by Sades »

My husband: the only person I know who can make a game seem like work.

YOOO CAN DOOO EEEEEETTT
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Sades wrote:My husband: the only person I know who can make a game seem like work.

YOOO CAN DOOO EEEEEETTT
Wait until he starts tackling the top-level unlocks... that is insane work! Though at that point the rewards are kinda pointless, 'cause if you can beat the Devil Gundams on highest difficulty already, you don't really need the 4th level gear...
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus, all the work you have to put in to receive the one hit kill sword makes you expert enough that a one hit kill sword is just boring and pointless.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Yeah, **** those Extra Missions. That shit is just crazy!