Stuff wot I have bough and pictured of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Stuff wot I have bough and pictured of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Cliffjumper »

Linkits. 132 different flavours of AWESOME.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Combinators, recently christened (the helicopter one is now a Guardian named Treadblade, the truck one a Renegade named Banzai). Light was going a bit, so not so many of these.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Cliffjumper

Switched around for space reasons...

Post by Cliffjumper »

Finally completed my Puzzler. He's different, a bit of a pinhead, but certainly 234 times more interesting than a Scramble City (of course, it's a common misconception that Scramble City replaced the movie in Japanese continuity) combiner.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Oh, and everyone else ever has noticed the crotch, so there's no need for your whacky hilarity.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Those combinators look awesome. As does Puzzler.
Linkits look fairly entertaining.

By the way, about how much did Puzzler cost you altogether?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Not too much, got him by piecemeal... about £3 ($5) for each of the first five, then I spent $20 on a carded Jig Saw to complete the set. Though I need to look for tighter versions of Crossword (orange) and Zig Zag (blue) - the leg especially is so loose it costs a bit of articulation.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Awesome. I need a more interesting display piece than Soundwave ("Hey, it's that cassette guy! Yup, that's the cassette guy.)

Are the individual bots decent, in case it takes me, like, a year to complete one?
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

That tank-helicopter combo looks better and better every time I see photos of it.

I see that the truck one has Japanese flag on it, so your thought that those releases were localised seems correct. It's quite similar to Multiforce combining solutions (from TF Victory series).

Are there any extra parts required for Puzzler?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nope, Puzzler's just 'bots, no bits... It does mean that (like TF combiners) individual robot modes are sacrificed to some extent, especially Tic Tac (head and shoulders). They're pretty easy to find as Gobots go.

Yeh, I think they just switched flags for the Combinators depending on where they came out... Japan had six, all with. The UK got three (though the tank one came with a tan truck part - I prefer the bright red, which is why I got the Japanese one) - the helicopter one, the tank one, and the jet one. I know the first two came with British markings, but I'm sure I've seen the third with US markings - maybe just because a grey F-15 didn't look very RAF - but I could be wrong.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ds-global-Empire sometimes have some boxed, tend to fetch around $20-30 :)