Apparently, raping women in Italy is not that bad when they're not virgins anymore

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Nevermore

Apparently, raping women in Italy is not that bad when they're not virgins anymore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Three years and four months is already too small, I would say 30 years and 4 months is far more fittiing. Wah wah Paedophilia is an illness, they can't help. Boo, hoo. One of the worst thongs you can do to anyone. And it was his stepdaughter. What ticks me off about these sick pricks is that they nearly always appeal their already minute sentences.
-Alex???
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Oh. My God.

Yunno, I've said in the past that I was against the death penalty, but if anyone ever touches one of my kids...

They'd never find the body.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Nah life in prison ( and I mean for the rest of their lives) is far better punishment, especially as Paedophiles the crap buggered out of them. And on occasion, the paedo can take no more and kill him/herself on their own accord without having another human being to bare the guilt. Death is a quick way out
-Alex???
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

That's just disgusting, and could set a dangerous precedent. :down:

It's bad enough that someone can do something like that to a human being, especially a young girl, but now, you've got the courts saying to this girl that it doesn't matter that she's been raped because she's not a virgin. Where is their sense of justice? What a bunch of pigs.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

In recent years it has ruled that "an isolated and impulsive" pat on a woman's buttocks at work did not constitute sexual harassment, and returned a verdict that a woman could not have been raped because she was wearing skin-tight jeans.

this court is ****ed
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

...that kinda thing makes me glad this country actually has harsh laws against pedophiles and rapists.

If his appeal goes through, I hope his step-daughter snaps and kills the creep. That's just wrong.

And I agree with Kup1, even though I personally do not have children yet, though two of my friends have kids. If anyone touched them, I would not only help my friends find and kill the ****er, I'd help them dispose of the body and any evidence of the murder.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I don't see the logic.

Rape is rape. How can a woman's past sexual history have any bearing on how wrong it is for a person to rape that woman?

What does it matter if it's only slightly less traumatic for her than it would be for a virgin? That doesn't make the crime any less criminal...

I could see if it were solely a civil case and they were basing the verdict on awarding damages to the girl but that's not the case. He either raped the girl or didn't. The victim's history should be of no concern once you've established guilt, the only thing that should be is the circumstance of the crime.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'd even say that the courts are making a judgement about the girl, based on her sexual history because they're basically saying "She's sexually active, so it's not as wrong that she was raped, as opposed to if she were a virgin."
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

What kind of ****ed up court is there in Italy? a girl is raped, but it doesn't matter cause she not a virgin. Our Vice President may shoot people in the face and it not matter, but at least rapists get punished here.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Hound
I don't see the logic.

Rape is rape. How can a woman's past sexual history have any bearing on how wrong it is for a person to rape that woman?

In the same way someone losing their head is less horrible if said person had already lost another limb before.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Rodimus Convoy

Post by Rodimus Convoy »

:eek: