IDW plans for BotCon + Escalation preview page

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

IDW plans for BotCon

Post by Denyer »

I've just nicked the press release off someone else, I dread to think what my inbox looks like right now...

IDW PUBLISHING INFILTRATES BOTCON 2006
Publishers of The Transformers Comic Books To Offer Show Exclusive

San Diego, CA (September 25, 2006)—IDW Publishing Editor-In-Chief Chris Ryall and Editor Dan Taylor are headed to Kentucky, where they will be guests at BotCon 2006, the official Transformers convention sponsored by the Hasbro’s Transformers Collectors Club and Hasbro. This major Transformers event takes place September 30th and October 1st at the Lexington Convention Center and the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Lexington, Kentucky and offers a vast array of events and opportunities for all Transformers enthusiasts—including exclusives, souvenirs, contests, dealers, panels, and more.

IDW Publishing will be featured on panels to discuss the Transformers’ return to comic books—past, present, and future. With the conclusion of the first chapter, The Transformers: Infiltration, an all-new chapter is beginning with The Transformers: Escalation in November. As an extra-special treat for attendees, Transformers writer Simon Furman and fan-favorite artist Don Figueroa will both be on hand to sign copies of their comics, discuss future plans and, in Don’s case, sketch for fans, too. Also to be covered are the roles that Transformers: Stormbringer and the Transformers Spotlight series play in the scheme of all things, and the future of IDW’s Transformers comics, as well as IDW’s involvement with the summer movie event of 2007—Transformers: Prime Directive.

IDW will also be offering for sale a very limited BotCon 2006 Exclusive Edition of Transformers Spotlight: Nightbeat, by Furman and MD Bright, which will not be made available anywhere else.

For a complete list of the weekend’s events, go to http://botcon.com/.

A page of Escalation from the Art du Jour section...

And if anyone's wondering what's out or what's in planning...

http://tfarchive.com/comics/idw/roadmap.php

^ That should fill ya in.