Dark Tower: The Gunslinger born

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Prowl1984

Dark Tower: The Gunslinger born

Post by Prowl1984 »

anyone else read this having read the original novels? i though it was pretty damned awsome, the artwork was nigh on beautiful, the dialogue was spot-on and the adaptation of the characters was perfect.

only beef i have with it is that i thought the series was going to reveal a bit more about Rolands past other than what we already knew. From this issue and the preview for the next one it looks as if they're just re-telling the events of Wizard and Glass. in which case they should do a full adaptaion of the saga at somepoint...now that would be awsome.

Any other Dark Tower fans about? oh and has anyone picked up this first issue with no prior knowledge of the series? and if so what do you think?

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

David's Dark Tower prose isn't as good as Steven King's (obviously it shouldn't be), so I noticed a small disconnect from the Dark Tower while reading it, but the overall tone is spot-on, and Jae Lee's art is spectacular.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

hmm issue two was pretty damned good. loved the bit with marten broadcloak communicating with the crimson king and how roland was prophesised to have destroyed him, adds another dimension which kind of relates to rolands fate at the end of the final book! also good to see that they didn't skimp on the adult themes just because it's a comicbook, namely that bit with rhea receiving the pink sphere from the big coffin hunters, gross descriptions but true to the original text.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin: