Encore Soundblaster & Twincast

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
zigzagger

Encore Soundblaster & Twincast

Post by zigzagger »

For those of you who may have missed out on their reissues the first time around, Big Bad Toy Store and TFsource have listed pre-order pages for Encore Soundblaster and Twincast...

And they brought some new cassettebot redecos with them.

Soundblaster will be released with Enemy (a red and blue redeco of Rumble/Frenzy) and Wingthing (a orange and black deco of Ratbat). Twincast will be released with Nightstalker (a black redeco of Steeljaw) and Stripes (a orange redeco of Ravage).

Encore # 21: Soundblaster @ Tfsource & Big Bad Toy Store
Encore #22: Twincast @ Tfsource & Big Bad Toy Store
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I can see me getting a Billy, just to annoy Star TV detractors by waving him up and down and quoting his many memorable lines from the dub...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Nightstalker, Wingthing, Stripes and Enemy... they're scratching the bottom of the obsure Transformer barrel, ain't they?
numbat

Post by numbat »

Blackjack wrote:Nightstalker, Wingthing, Stripes and Enemy... they're scratching the bottom of the obsure Transformer barrel, ain't they?
Erm... Who are they?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

"Nightstalker" and "Stripes" aren't too bad, as names go, and "Wingthing" was already used for Action Master Soundwave's partner. Granted, "Enemy" is pretty weak...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

-Stripes: a preliminary Autobot cassette in the script of the 1986 movie. Eventually replaced by Ramhorn or Steeljaw.

-Nightstalker: a character in a Marvel UK exclusive text story. 'State Games', I think.

-Enemy: a simplified version of Rumble/Frenzy released as an accessory to a Transformer merchandise in the 1980's, and later had a voice changing toy or something similar.

-Wingthing: Soundwave's Action Master partner.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Blackjack wrote:Nightstalker: a character in a Marvel UK exclusive text story. 'State Games', I think.
And nicked from a 12-year old to boot.

Nightstalker should've been packed with a reissue of Overlord for maximum head****ery.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Thanks guys.

They're all nobodies. I get it.

:swirly:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cliffjumper wrote:Nightstalker should've been packed with a reissue of Overlord for maximum head****ery.
This would be kind of awesome. In a twisted sort of way.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Soundblaster or new soundwave for star tv fans is awesome.i like him just a little more than soundwave,he looks proper evil in all that black.the alt mode with the double capacity door looks silly though.i already own the tfc reissue but those 'new' cassettes making him tempting. Twincast i am not fussed for.the blaster mould is horrible,all fat limbs and tiny head.its huge as well,towering over everyone else.dreadful.
StarscreamX
Protoform

Post by StarscreamX »

inflatable dalek wrote:I can see me getting a Billy, just to annoy Star TV detractors by waving him up and down and quoting his many memorable lines from the dub...
Don't you call him Billy. His name is Blaster!;)
Blackjack wrote:Nightstalker, Wingthing, Stripes and Enemy... they're scratching the bottom of the obsure Transformer barrel, ain't they?
Isn't Enemy the guy who Steeljaw ate in Shattered Glass? Making him Ravage's favorites

Cliffjumper wrote:And nicked from a 12-year old to boot.

Nightstalker should've been packed with a reissue of Overlord for maximum head****ery.
:eyebrow:

Nicked from a 12 year old?
Decepticons forever!

Across the universe...the dead will rise :devil:

The secrets of the Universe reveal themselves to those who listen

Nobody likes you when you're dead
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

inflatable dalek wrote:I can see me getting a Billy, just to annoy Star TV detractors by waving him up and down and quoting his many memorable lines from the dub...
"Billy! Are you alright!?"
"Not really. Find the power pack!" *dies*
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

StarscreamX wrote:Isn't Enemy the guy who Steeljaw ate in Shattered Glass? Making him Ravage's favorites
That is the shattered glass version of Enemy. Because that strip was made by Walky, it means that obscure characters must have even more obscure mirror universe counterparts.
Nicked from a 12 year old?
IIRC Nightstalker was the prize winner of a make-your-Transformer contest, and was drawn by a 12 year old. He got inserted into the State Games story as a background character afterwards.

My memory is foggy but I think he died trying to save the Autobot overlord.
Loydd83
Protoform

Post by Loydd83 »

The X-Gamer and MP3+ 5.1 cards are bargains at $99, and although the Platinum 5.1 sells for around $200, the new additions to the Live!Drive make it a must for musicheads
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Blackjack wrote:IIRC Nightstalker was the prize winner of a make-your-Transformer contest, and was drawn by a 12 year old. He got inserted into the State Games story as a background character afterwards.

My memory is foggy but I think he died trying to save the Autobot overlord.

Aye; it's more a half-truth exagerrated for the purposes of TEH LULZ. One Jason Yeo submitted art for the UK comic's Design-A-Decepticon competition, and was one of the 'winners' - http://tfarchive.com/comics/gallery.php?g2_itemId=14213 (though Marvel most likely printed the majority they received as the prize was something like a Minibot; note the traced Macross Valkyrie above...) with a design that's basically Ravage as a wolf.

Year or two later, UK Annual text story "State Games" featured Ravage and his identical 'twin' Nightstalker, bodyguards of an aging Autobot overlord on pre-war Cybertron. Nightstalker self-destructed protecting the old duffer; Ravage chose not to bother, instead siding with the dissident gladiator Megatron (IIRC making him the first Decepticon recruit, and fitting with his genuine friendship with Megatron often shown in the UK comic).

No-one really asks why they're cats.

Despite a couple of oddities (it predates the idea of Primes being a rank, so Optimus Prime is called Optimus Prime when he's just a simple athlete), State Games is well worth a read - it's probably still the best "early days" story we've been given about Transformers.
StarscreamX
Protoform

Post by StarscreamX »

Cliffjumper wrote:Aye; it's more a half-truth exagerrated for the purposes of TEH LULZ. One Jason Yeo submitted art for the UK comic's Design-A-Decepticon competition, and was one of the 'winners' - http://tfarchive.com/comics/gallery.php?g2_itemId=14213 (though Marvel most likely printed the majority they received as the prize was something like a Minibot; note the traced Macross Valkyrie above...) with a design that's basically Ravage as a wolf.

Year or two later, UK Annual text story "State Games" featured Ravage and his identical 'twin' Nightstalker, bodyguards of an aging Autobot overlord on pre-war Cybertron. Nightstalker self-destructed protecting the old duffer; Ravage chose not to bother, instead siding with the dissident gladiator Megatron (IIRC making him the first Decepticon recruit, and fitting with his genuine friendship with Megatron often shown in the UK comic).

No-one really asks why they're cats.
I guess Cybertron had metal animals and those were their "Beat Modes" ? Straxus probably hunted them all to extinction just to be a tosser.
Despite a couple of oddities (it predates the idea of Primes being a rank, so Optimus Prime is called Optimus Prime when he's just a simple athlete), State Games is well worth a read - it's probably still the best "early days" story we've been given about Transformers.
It's a better origin for Megatron in a few pages than Megatron: Origin was in four issues. Though I'd say that James Roberts origin stories for Prime and Megatron in the IDW stuff might give State Games a run for its money as best "Early days" Transformers story it IS really good.

Ravage and Megatron both really benefitted from the UK material back in the Marvel days, didn't they? It even managed to make "Craaaaazy Megatron" from the later Budiansky stuff more interesting
Decepticons forever!

Across the universe...the dead will rise :devil:

The secrets of the Universe reveal themselves to those who listen

Nobody likes you when you're dead
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I figured "Enemy" was named after the nondescript Robo Force character :)
Decepticon Spike

Post by Decepticon Spike »

My love of all things Soundwave related demands I get Soundblaster this time around.

Twincast, I'm not sure about. I've never had the Blaster mold, but I think ATM, I'll wait to see if I can find find a Blaster first.