[JTF] Masterforce and Ginrai [was: Universe (Energon?) Seacons repaints]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

first or second time, I'm Italian , not American, not Japanese, not English, and, well, I'm already the same. No other phoenix fly around.
Originally posted by Roadstripe
Quoth phoenix:
...i still prefer the japanese Headmaster release...[/b]

Actually, that was Masterforce. Snaptrap was Turtler, Nautilator was Lobclaw, Skalor was Galph, Seawing was Kraken, and Piranacon was King Poseidon.
But I never heard "Masterforce" in the italian dub, so i don't refer to this show whit this word! Whem trnsforming they yell first "trasformazione" (transform) and then "fusione" (fusion); as i can remember, the title was also changed
-He will appear in the show or comics?

Doubtful. He might appear in the comics if they have room for him, but he would most likely show up in Dreamwave's hypothetical future Energon - More Than Meets the Eye, which would feature the bios. The Energon cartoon, from script to editing, is all finished by now. [/B]

Their scanned thechspecs will also be useful, when available.
Finally, why Quoth?
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by phoenix
Finally, why Quoth?

It's an old English word. Basically it means "Person X said..."
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Originally posted by phoenix
first or second time, I'm Italian , not American, not Japanese, not English, and, well, I'm already the same. No other phoenix fly around.

But I never heard
"Masterforce" in the italian dub, so i don't refer to this show whit this word! Whem trnsforming they yell first "trasformazione" (transform) and then "fusione" (fusion); as i can remember, the title was also changed

Well, considering I didn't know, I'm not surprised that I would make such a mistake. I'm sorry about that.

Finally, why Quoth?

It's partially inspired from Edgar Allan Poe's poem, The Raven, in particular, the phrase, "Quoth the raven, 'Nevermore'." Using 'Quoth' was a habit I formed in a non-Transformer forum, just to be different.
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

Well, considering I didn't know, I'm not surprised that I would make such a mistake. I'm sorry about that.

Not only you, because i post on the thread of this forum as an unregistered user, altough i visit this site, and many other, 5 times for week, using the computer of my dad's office. Note that Thunderbird, some sort of phoenix in the native american mithology, are disguised by cloud, and only a part of their body could be seen when dreaming.

If you never heard the italian dub, you are a lucky man, because is a bad dub. Ginrai was called Commander!!!
Finally, why Quoth?

It's partially inspired from Edgar Allan Poe's poem, The Raven, in particular, the phrase, "Quoth the raven, 'Nevermore'." Using 'Quoth' was a habit I formed in a non-Transformer forum, just to be different. [/B]

Oh, I thinked about some sort of error in your word processor, or an american word (because american english is different from the british english used by browser
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth phoenix:
If you never heard the italian dub, you are a lucky man, because is a bad dub. Ginrai was called Commander!!!

The English dub isn't that great either. Ginrai is called 'Optimus Prime' before he became a Godmaster. That's on top of the fact that Ginrai was never supposed to be Optimus in the first place (even though they look alike).

Oh, I thinked about some sort of error in your word processor, or an american word (because american english is different from the british english used by browser

As has been said before by someone other than me, America and Britain are "two countries seperated by a common language."
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

That's on top of the fact that Ginrai was never supposed to be Optimus in the first place (even though they look alike).
As I can remember, the body was builded as a new body for Optimus (Deceased first Masterforce start), then stolen and trasformed into a Godmaster; other bodies were trnsformed into Godmasters or Junior Headmsters.
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth phoenix
As I can remember, the body was builded as a new body for Optimus (Deceased first Masterforce start), then stolen and trasformed into a Godmaster; other bodies were trnsformed into Godmasters or Junior Headmsters.

Yes, I think you're right. Prime Saber's entry on Ginrai states:
As for why his body is so similar to Optimus', it was originally built for Optimus according to the Masterforce "Big Picture Book" compilation video as reported by Jordan Derber....
I've taken that to mean that the Masterforce Godmaster bodies were built using the older G1 Powermaster bodies as templates.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

I've taken that to mean that the Masterforce Godmaster bodies were built using the older G1 Powermaster bodies as templates.

There's no such thing as Powermasters in the cartoon continuity, though.
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth Alpha Trion:
There's no such thing as Powermasters in the cartoon continuity, though.

At least with continuity as established onscreen. Who knows what happens offscreen?
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

At least with continuity as established onscreen. Who knows what happens offscreen?

Yes, but as far as official continuity goes, all we have is what happened onscreen.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by fort_max
Yes, but as far as official continuity goes, all we have is what happened onscreen.

Well, there's also the manga stories. To my knowledge, they all take place in the cartoon continuity, with the exception of the last chapter of Victory.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I just finished Masterforce (bad Star TV dubs)

What it seemed to me was that the bodies were always for transformers, not ment to be Godmasters at all. It was Devil Z who stole them from the Autobots (specifically Fortress Maximus and Chromedome) and stole their life essances (their sparks). This was a long time ago.

Somehow, those sparks got spun out and born into humans as Godmasters (the HM JR's were a little differnet. Though their Transectors would gain their personalities). That's how they were able to interact with their Transectors. And once the battle was finished with Devil Z - there was no need for the human bodies and they became sentient with their own sparks.

The Powermasters had nothing to do with it and was a North Am\Hasbro Concept.