Hasbro Transformers Instant Answers page updated (05/05/2004)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Hasbro Transformers Instant Answers page updated (05/05/2004)

Post by Nevermore »

Check out four yourself or:
Question 23:
Question
Will you be coming out with the Dinobots in the G1 reissue?

Answer
Since many revisions may occur prior to a product release, information, such as release dates, possible new items and where to buy future products, is not available in advance for distribution.

We ask that you visit our web site at http://www.hasbro.com/transformers often for the most current product information.
Question 32:
Question
Where can I find the alternator jeep "Hound" for purchase?

Answer
The Transformer Alternator Hound has not yet been released.

It is tentatively scheduled for release Summer of 2004.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Wow. Their answer to the question about the Dinobots has to be the worst answer Hasbro has given yet
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

Will Energon Optimus Prime combine with Armada Transformers?

Question
Will Energon Optimus Prime combine with Armada Jetfire and Armada Overload?

Answer
Energon Optimus Prime does not combine with Armada Transfomers.

He is equipped with Powerlinx technology as noted on the package with the black gear logo though and can combine with other Energon Transformers with that back logo. We anticipate having them available in the Fall, 2004.

HA they ARE planning on bringing small powerlinx prime to the US its gonna rock
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Actually, I'm quite sure that by this statement:
Originally posted by The Dark Optimus Prime
We anticipate having them available in the Fall, 2004.

...they mean they plan to release Omega Supreme and Wing Saber in the fall. Though they most likely will release the deluxe-sized Prime at some point.
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion
Actually, I'm quite sure that by this statement:

...they mean they plan to release Omega Supreme and Wing Saber in the fall. Though they most likely will release the deluxe-sized Prime at some point.

thats not entirely true those two models are designed to powerlinx with the prime thats out right now. but it may be true that they are releasing them at the same time, but im pretty sure that delux OP wont powerlinx with them
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by The Dark Optimus Prime
thats not entirely true those two models are designed to powerlinx with the prime thats out right now.

Exactly. If they were referring to the Deluxe Prime and not the Super Prime with trailer, they wouldn't have said "we anticipate having them available in the fall," as there're already several figures out that could powerlinx with deluxe Prime.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Hi, my 2 cents:

1) That comment of Hasbro's about the dinobots was so painfully vauge. But the truth would go something like this:
"Takara has not invested the money to clean and repair those molds. Should Takara release any of the Dinobots as part of their Reissue series, then the North American market will see the same product 3-6 months after Takara has stopped their run on the toy."
So you can see why Hasbro worded it better ;)

2) About energon Optimus Prime and Standard Convoy from Superlink: If you look at the north American Optimus Prime (The really big one that comes with his Zords). He has a black symbol on his upper left hand chest area. This is what hasbro was talking about in that quote Dark Optimus Prime gave us. So when they talk about him combining with other Black symbol figures in fall 2004 - they are talking about the release of Omega Supreme. There has been no word yet that Hasbro will release their version of "Wing Saber". Though for speculations sake - It might be the reason they named the minicon team "Energon Saber". As the obvious homage that "Wing Saber" is going for is Star Saber.

As for the Standard Convoy - there has been confermation of an Energon Megatron and Optimus Prime two pack (though no one know's what's in it). It is RUMORED that this will contain the Japanese versions of Megatron (the smaller version - Mega\Ultra sized) and the STD Prime.

As for STD prime combining with Wing Saber or Omega Supreme. If you look back through some of the first pics of STD Convoy that came out of Japan, the ports on his arm can and do fit the "Zords" from his counter part. But he looks a little out of proportion. It would be interesting to see if he can interact with Omega and Wing and not just the Deluxe or "Silver symbol" toys.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

If they DO get these G1 Dinobots up in the air.. I'm sure the first one they'd try to throw out is Swoop. Why? Because he is the most valuable from the original series, usually selling for around $200 or more in box... and with the way things are looking, with them putting out Stepper, well.. seems like they are trying to take away from some of the value of older ones by reissuing them.
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I wouldn't go that far. I think the decision to reissue Stepper as anything to do with his value. Much like the reissue of TM Hot Rod, it has to do with that the mold (in this case Meister) was clean and a great, quick way to recover some money for fixing and cleaning Hound's mold.

The logical first Dino is Grimlock. Most popular character and will sell nicely. Then, which ever molds need the least cleaning or repair, we'll see reissued
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
I wouldn't go that far...... The logical first Dino is Grimlock. Most popular character and will sell nicely. Then, which ever molds need the least cleaning or repair, we'll see reissued
I wouldn't go that far to say that Hasbro would use common sense when putting out some of these characters... ;)
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Also, has anyone thought maybe Hasbro is actually trying to make us happy :)

I mean I actually think Stepper looked really cool, but I can't afford to pay that much for one guy.

Now 30-80 for a reissue of him, oh heck yeah.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.