Why Didn't Starscream's ghots Possess...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Why Didn't Starscream's ghots Possess...

Post by DrSpengler »

Galvatron?

He wanted to be leader of the Decepticons really really badly, right? So why didn't he just possess Galvatron?

When he possessed Waspinator, Scourge, that Sweep, Cyclonus, Astrotrain and Dinosaurer there was nothing they could do about it. He had complete control and could have stayed forever (He even threatened to do that to Scourge).

So why didn't he just possess Galvatron and then lead the Decepticons?

Loser.
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Maybe he knew Galvatron had a stronger will and could resist him.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

It's like why Starscream haven't killed Galvatron when he was possessing Trypticon, he could do that with ease.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Maybe Galvatron would have been strong enough to resist him, and Starscream knew it (like Silly Cow said).

And maybe (like some fans have said) Starscream does have a subsconscious tendency to "sabotage himself", which is why he never takes the final step that would enable him to become Decepticon leader when he has the chance.

Or maybe he was just too stupid to think of that option, hehe.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Arcee
Maybe Galvatron would have been strong enough to resist him, and Starscream knew it (like Silly Cow said).

yep...no way that little whelp screamer could have ever possessed the mad couch burning maniac...wait a minute...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
yep...no way that little whelp screamer could have ever possessed the mad couch burning maniac...wait a minute...

:D
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by Arcee
And maybe (like some fans have said) Starscream does have a subsconscious tendency to "sabotage himself", which is why he never takes the final step that would enable him to become Decepticon leader when he has the chance.
New to me but makes sense. Maybe Starscream did have the Thanos-syndrome and he subconciously foiled his own plans to get on the top because deep down he knew he wasnät worth it.

I don't know how much evidence there is in the cartoon for that theory but still, it makes sense.
Originally posted by Galvatron(91?)
It seems that the cartoon-Galvatron wasn't the only big G with mental probelms... :)
Thanks D!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Silly Cow
It seems that the cartoon-Galvatron wasn't the only big G with mental probelms... :)

I can't wait for G to see this...:p :D
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

To be honest, I put it down to a lack of vision/confidence/maybe even ability from Starscream...
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
To be honest, I put it down to a lack of vision/confidence/maybe even ability from Starscream...

In the manga Starscream's Ghost did some schemeing. He even teamed up with the Quitessons. They gave him a nearly indestructable new body, modeled like a Convoy on steroids. Of course, Rodimus and Galvatron teamed up to vaporize him, but still.

I wouldn't say he had the lack of vision, I mean, he tried DAMN hard to get a new body and revenge on Galvatron (Wheeling and dealing with Rodimus, siding with Unicron, teaming up with the Quintessons) he REALLY wanted a new body.

And look where he is now: floating helplessly somewhere between time and space for all eternity. Poor guy...
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
In the manga...

Manga? What manga? Did I miss something?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

http://tfarchive.com/japanese/mangareviews.php

Aha - thanks. I think I´ve heard of the events, but did not know it was manga.

So, is it downloadable or buyable somewhere? Also, does an english version exist or is it japanese(language) only?
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Cyberman
Aha - thanks. I think I´ve heard of the events, but did not know it was manga.

So, is it downloadable or buyable somewhere? Also, does an english version exist or is it japanese(language) only?

Japanese only. I don't know of any place where you can download them and I doubt such a place exists. Ask around.

As for purchase, I got mine from an independant seller through e-mail (Lioprime rules!). You can always try eBay but there's no guarantee you'll find it.

I'm working my ass off to try and get scans e-mailed to Cliffjumper for the website. It may be a while, though.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The pretentious http://www.tfcyberbon.com has a handful, and I've got a fistful more from Hydra Darkwing's previous site...
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

I've thought about this before, and I've always gotten back to a single, solitary line from Megatron in "The Insecticon Syndrome":

"No one gets into my chranial chamber!"

That, coupled with Galvy's ability to cripple an entire planet with his mind ("Web World"), seems to suggest that his was one mind beyond takeover.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh... it's also worth considering why anyone would want to be in Galvy's cartoon mind...

Also, Starscream and Scourge shared beauty stylings.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Yeh... it's also worth considering why anyone would want to be in Galvy's cartoon mind...

That too... :D
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Vin Ghostal
I've thought about this before, and I've always gotten back to a single, solitary line from Megatron in "The Insecticon Syndrome":

"No one gets into my chranial chamber!"

That, coupled with Galvy's ability to cripple an entire planet with his mind ("Web World"), seems to suggest that his was one mind beyond takeover.

FINALLY!

A good point!

Figures it would come from you...
Hellion
Protoform

Post by Hellion »

Or maybe this time around Starscream wasn't looking to lead the Decepticons because his desire to get revenge on Galvatron took top priority?