New Images of Movie Deluxe Bumblebee and Arcee

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

UPDATED: New Images of Movie Deluxe Bumblebee and Arcee

Post by zigzagger »

New images of Deluxe Bumblebee (2008 Camaro), and Arcee, among others, have surfaced on ebay. Images have been mirrored to you by the folks at tformers.com

Bumblebee looks how one would expect, which is fine and dandy, but Arcee - well, looks ......yikes

edit: ah, screw it....mirrored
ImageImage
ImageImage

UPDATED:
Reviewed at tformers. Better images, proper transformation. 'Nuff said.
http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=799
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Arcee's quite different from the Energon mold. Is that just a few parts remolded, or is it completely new and just slightly based on Energon? The robo-cleavage is a bit much. I think we already get that she's a girl from the screaming pink and the boots.
TSFC
Protoform

Post by TSFC »

Originally posted by Notabot
Arcee's quite different from the Energon mold. Is that just a few parts remolded, or is it completely new and just slightly based on Energon? The robo-cleavage is a bit much. I think we already get that she's a girl from the screaming pink and the boots.
Slightly based.

The overall figure is a bit much, as in...it sucks.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Arcee is great in bike mode, ok in robot mode, with a face only a meth-head-looking-for-a meth-head-whore could love.

08 bb is awesome
Come on and wind me up.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by another tf fan
ok in robot mode, with a face only a meth-head-looking-for-a meth-head-whore could love.

Tragic, isn't it?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

That's ****ing awful. The Energon basic was rather fun, my misgivings about robots with gender clichés notwithstanding.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by zigzagger

Why didn't you just say "3 years"?

The Energon one was the fat little cow with fleshy pink daubed all over, yeh? Both suck... It's nice to have one area where Gobots completely kicks Transformer arse at least ;)
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

i think she would have been better with a battle mask or somethign to cover the jaw. i like the figure design, but just not the face... it breaks my lil arcee fanboy heart ^^;
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

This Bumble beats the living crap out of the 74 version. Much better in all aspects, if a little bulky.

I for one like Arcee. If the Tow Truck that's listed in the line turns out to be nice, I might get Arcee as well to complete the cast of the first prequel issue.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Sigh..... Alright, alright.

There, all better.

.....even though the damage is already done :glance:
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

This might be a longshot, but maybe Arcee's head is some of that "itentional damage" they do to every few test shot.

Doesn't salvage the rest of the figure, but still...

Bumblebee > food
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

The Energon one was the fat little cow with fleshy pink daubed all over, yeh? Both suck... It's nice to have one area where Gobots completely kicks Transformer arse at least ;)

Beginning of 2004 to the middle of 2007, nearly 4 years.
Springer007

Re: New Images of Movie Deluxe Bumblebee and Arcee

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by zigzagger
New images of Deluxe Bumblebee (2008 Camaro), and Arcee, among others, have surfaced on ebay. Images have been mirrored to you by the folks at tformers.com

Bumblebee looks how one would expect, which is fine and dandy, but Arcee - well, looks ......yikes

edit: ah, screw it....mirrored
ImageImage
ImageImage

they must have borrowed the laser sword part from Roadbots, or vice versa! i am loving bumble bee the more i look at him. they really tried to keep the kibble down on him and they strategically placed certain car parts over certain areas for the heavily armored look it appears.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Zisteau
Beginning of 2004 to the middle of 2007, nearly 4 years.

Three and less than half...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm not a fan of the movie designs, but as a representation of the movie character, Bumblebee doesn't look too bad. All in all, I would say that if I weren't moving on to GI Joe*, he'd be worth picking up.

Arcee is what they call a butter face.

*I've pretty much sated my need for transforming robots. I'll pick up BW 10th Megs, maybe a few G1 figures, if I notice a hole (knockoff Mirage and hopefully, they'll do Sunstreaker and Wheeljack, a few of the late run stuff that no one remembers, but are slightly aesthetically pleasing, would like to acquire an Overlord, one day, perhaps), and if they ever continue classics, I'll probably snag some a' those. Gonna get three of the real gear fellas. By and large, though, I've got too many, as it is.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Bumblebee has a nice body (erm-erm), but his face reminds me of the TIE Fighter pilots' masks or, indeed, DV himself. Tolerable.

However, although I knew a lot of fanboys hated Arcee, I didn't know they hated her that much! And the pink is far too neon (but it could be the camera, yeah, I realise).

Not bothered about picking either up. Would accept 'Bee if he was at a reduced enough price; Arcee, never....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Well, Beast Machines fans should be happy with these head designs...

Personally, none of the actual movie figures has my interest yet. The heads are all deal breakers, even on those figures that would otherwise be interesting.

When BotCon 2008 comes along, I'm tempted to PERSONALLY pay for head retooling. :)
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Three and less than half...

You need to learn to exaggerate more.
Philister
Protoform

Post by Philister »

For comparison, you can find a full review of Deluxe Bumblebee (Camaro 1977) complete with pictures here:

http://www.transformers-universe.com/in ... tentid=884
Gremlin
Protoform

Bumble Bee and Arcee

Post by Gremlin »

Honestly,in the beginning Bumble Bee was missed as a bug. As a bowtie ,his character expanded as a scout,given a slightly faster
world,he evovled. Wonder what was thought of under the hood,
simulated 427 rat?Good energon rating. Still has the personality
when you see him. Roll out!

Arcee as a bike,Cool! As a car,nimble and fast,with those shredders that popped out of the rims. Said as good,a broad that can take care
of herself. Bike,nimble,fast and handling.Can see somewhere,the blue and green.Fabricated from Japan. As for the overall appearance,mix
of North America and Japan.Hard woman to catch. Wonder what
was warmed up in her design specs.Surprises are good.