[Knock-Off] Jetfire reissued in the US, sorta

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Tempest

Jetfire reissused in the US, sorta

Post by Tempest »

I found this while I was surfing around.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/cy ... 003/12/21/

its a knock-off of Jetfire under the name of Galaxy Defender. Its alright but it lacks a few things.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yay! I'll have to look for him.
Cap'n

Post by Cap'n »

*Squeal!*
WANT!
MUST HAVE!
MUST BUY!
Flesh Creature
Protoform

Post by Flesh Creature »

I bought one of those when I was at the shore last summer.
Dark Rodimus
Protoform

Post by Dark Rodimus »

What's your opinion of the toy after buying it? How much did you pay for it and was it worth it?
Cap'n

Post by Cap'n »

If its priced like the rest of the line anywhere from $5.99 to $7.99
Flesh Creature
Protoform

Post by Flesh Creature »

I payed about ten dollars for it but on the boardwalks of the Jersey shore things are always more expensive.
Sideswipe

Post by Sideswipe »

I hopethey bring it out in Australia. Most of the walmart stuff (like Jhiaxus and the landfill team) usually go to the store target down here
Cap'n

Post by Cap'n »

Target? I hate Target, they hate American veterans, cause they are based in France.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Anyone else seeing a gap in logic?

And that is a seriously nifty toy.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Originally posted by Denyer
Anyone else seeing a gap in logic?

If you're refering to Cap'n talking about Target, its not a gap in logic, its a lack of explanation.

While I don't remember all the details, there's some story floating around the net that a group of Veterans or people somewhere asked a local Target for some sort of support or sponsorship for some event or something. The Target turned them down because of a corporate policy or something that prevents them from supporting some groups.

Something that has been tacked on to that story is that Target has some sort of connection with France, either owned or run by some French based company or some such.

EDIT: After some checking, I found that this story started back in 2002. And its false. All the details are here.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Argh! Forgot to look for it at walmart today. :(
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Unicron
its not a gap in logic, its a lack of explanation.
You're suggesting "[Target] hate American veterans [be]cause they are based in France" is a logical statement?

It contains two factual inaccuracies and the conjoining of statements is roughly as semantically valid as "otters are a friendly species because they have shiny white teeth."
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Originally posted by Denyer
You're suggesting "[Target] hate American veterans [be]cause they are based in France" is a logical statement?

I wasn't trying to say that. I guess I could have worded things better. Too late now
Dark Rodimus
Protoform

Post by Dark Rodimus »

Since another company has secured the rights to the Jetfire mold, I wonder if Hasbro or Takara will try to get the rights in order to do a Jetfire reissue. They might not be interested though, but a reissue would be pretty cool. As for Target, I really don't like to shop there. They never seem to have what I want, and they're usually more expensive than Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart has better prices and selection.
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

i might pick him.. maybe do a little repaint or some battle damage on him.. i've always been a Robotech fan... so i might slap the ROY FOKKER leader 1 scheme on him.. that would be cool
One shall stand, One shall fall...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, I went to Walmart again today, and they didn't have any Jetfire KOs. I should try K-Mart because they had others from the Galaxy Defenders line as well.