Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Paul053

Transformers #24 Preview

Post by Paul053 »

5 page preview up @ issuu.com
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Wow...not digging that art style at all....
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

I kinda like it and kinda dont. Some parts work well. The main scenes are a bit confusing to read though. I'm a bit worried about the huge splash panels effect again. I mean, once again the first page is one panel for no real effect or reason.

Got that sinking feeling...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

That looks fantastic. But then so did Simon Shits Himself And Panics: Sideswipe, so there we go.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cliffjumper wrote:That looks fantastic. But then so did Simon Shits Himself And Panics: Sideswipe, so there we go.
^

What he said. Too much I've seen IDW look promising and then shitting all over themselves. Used to be there's hope for a great story arc. Now it's hope for a decent non-shit conclusion.

Also, I've read Heart of Darkness. I know who the enemy is, and it's the worst enemy in Transformers fiction that I've ever seen, even including Circuit Breaker, Unicron, the Neo-Knights, the Insecticon Swarm, Mecannibals, RAAT, Rock Lords and Richard Branson.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Worst name too. D-void. Hmm. Sounds like a fecking rapper. And a bad one at that.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

It's a lame attempt at a pun. A very very lame one. The writers thought they could pull something feasible like Jhiaxus, but frankly, D-Void is a terrible name.

Terrible design (the monster Nemesis mutant looked like it was designed by a three year old), terrible backstory, vague godly powers, lack of characterisation... you know, I miss the Dead Furmanverse.

I like it when stealth puns are like, say, Ramjet. Ramjet is a kind of engine, as well as describing a jet that rams jets.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

My, I'm looking forward to the first ever IDW ongoing when it starts with the mighty Roberts at the helm next year.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Aw...that kind of bums me out, honestly.

Kimia had been the site where all sorts of interesting stuff happened (LSOTW, Bullets in particular, and Roche's story in AHM #15). Now it's trashed. So much potential....
StarscreamX
Protoform

Post by StarscreamX »

Blackjack wrote:^

What he said. Too much I've seen IDW look promising and then shitting all over themselves. Used to be there's hope for a great story arc. Now it's hope for a decent non-shit conclusion.

Also, I've read Heart of Darkness. I know who the enemy is, and it's the worst enemy in Transformers fiction that I've ever seen, even including Circuit Breaker, Unicron, the Neo-Knights, the Insecticon Swarm, Mecannibals, RAAT, Rock Lords and Richard Branson.
From reading the solicits it sounds like MAYBE there going to ignore all that D-Void bollocks and that the villain is going to be Galvatron and something called "The Deceptigod". Which is also a bloody stupid name but hopefully he/she/it will be marginally more interesting than D-Void

And I'm glad to see Galvatron being a proper villain again in this story. And it looks like Cyclonus isn't the easily defeated prat he was in Heart of Darkness either.

It's both funny and sad that Galvatron and Cyclonus manage to be more menacing and impressive in about three pages of this preview for this issue than they were for the entirety of the Heart of Darkness miniseries
Decepticons forever!

Across the universe...the dead will rise :devil:

The secrets of the Universe reveal themselves to those who listen

Nobody likes you when you're dead
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

We're just ignoring heart of darkness now aren't we? Please?
StarscreamX
Protoform

Post by StarscreamX »

Red Dave Prime wrote:We're just ignoring heart of darkness now aren't we? Please?
I'd like to ignore it ever happened

I'm hoping it turns out that Galvatron is just a nutter and D-Void was all in his head
Decepticons forever!

Across the universe...the dead will rise :devil:

The secrets of the Universe reveal themselves to those who listen

Nobody likes you when you're dead