Would you buy Animated toys of non-Transformers?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.

Would you buy non-TF character toys?

yes
30%
no
70%

Total votes: 10

Ackula

Would you buy Animated toys of non-Transformers?

Post by Ackula »

Just something I have been thinking about lately. If Hasbro made toys of the human characters in this show how many of you would buy them? For once I think they could really pull it off with this series, especially if they went with the JLU size range figures and maybe packaged 2 or 3 to a package.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I don't really care enough about the non-Decepticon villains to want to buy any of them, seeing as how they've not been a major threat to the Autobots, more like annoying chew-toys for them until a Decepticon or two arrive (Meltdown barely excluded). I simply do not see it being that profitable for Hasbro to release them except maybe in the 3" Titanium line.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

A 4 pack of season One villians incl: Angry Archer, Nanosec, Meltdown and the Headmaster would be cool. Maybe in pvc, I don't know, but it would interest me.
Come on and wind me up.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I think they could pull off making Headmaster an actual transforming toy though. Pack him with other villians I suppose.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

another tf fan wrote:A 4 pack of season One villians incl: Angry Archer, Nanosec, Meltdown and the Headmaster would be cool. Maybe in pvc, I don't know, but it would interest me.
Yeah something like that was what I was thinking too. I think they could pull them off with small PVC figures, again much like the Justice League Unlimited figures, just a bit smaller to keep them in scale with the TF toys in the line.

Three packs of the figures would probably work best, and honestly I'd most likely even buy a 3 pack of Sari, Sumdac, and Fanzone as a "hero" assortment. But this is coming from someone who admittedly likes KISS Players merchandise, so I realize I'll be in the minority and that Hasbro will most likely never do this, but still its wishful thinking.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

I think this could work nicely. I'd want them to be sized to be in proportion to the TF's, probably the deluxe size, so quite small, but I would buy figures of Sari, Fanzone, Sumdac and maybe even the villains. I think this is a good idea; can't see it happening though.
Detective Barricade

If they really wanted to, they could put the figures with a Transformer and put an appropriate scene on the inside of the box, like the Movie Scene sets. But I don't think they will...
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

secretcode wrote:I think they could pull off making Headmaster an actual transforming toy though. Pack him with other villians I suppose.
Doesn't Leader Bulkhead come with a removeable head for Headmaster to fit in? I wonder if the Headmaster head actually transforms?
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

[quote="Kali"]...But this is coming from someone who admittedly likes KISS Players merchandise... QUOTE]

:p Eeeew
Come on and wind me up.
Detective Barricade

Actually...

Blitzwing wrote:Doesn't Leader Bulkhead come with a removeable head for Headmaster to fit in? I wonder if the Headmaster head actually transforms?
Actually, the Headmaster unit included with Leader class Bulkhead goes over top any Animated Leader class figure's head, and no it doesn't transform. Would be cool if it did, though.:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Man, I'm just pumped for this toyline. I LOOOOOVE the character designs (even though I don't care to give the show another try), and I could see myself buying as much of the line as I did with Energon.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Sir Auros wrote:Man, I'm just pumped for this toyline. I LOOOOOVE the character designs (even though I don't care to give the show another try), and I could see myself buying as much of the line as I did with Energon.
How much Energon did you buy?! ;)

On topic, ah, no, no humans, nebulans, or other biological entities for me. Just gimme TF's.

EDIT: On second thought, decoys will be fine. Target Practice!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]