"Time Traveller" comic

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

"Time Traveller" comic

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, you remember the one... used to live at Mechaex.com. Has that found a new home anywhere since that site folded? TVM!
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I have it on my HD.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Ozz
I have it on my HD.

Ah, cheers, my fault, but I was more after an address for linking purposes... :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I found two pages saved so far... if someone has the rest and we can't spot it online, send it to me and I'll put it up...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Herve Creach's email address, hcreach(at)hotmail.com, is on the pages I have saved [cover to page 8, first 3 in colour and b&w].

I have the comic FAQ pretty much updated, btw, bar this one thing [I don't really want to cut it out as it won't get put back in again] and the hyperlinking... if you want a copy send, just let me know which email to do it to, though it'll need a read over as lots of it linked to bits on my site [which I'm tentatively updating, with a possible view to reviving], and the IDW section is pretty slim... I hate writing for things not out yet.

Erm, any decent online fan comics I've missed? So far the section covers CG2, 'Divergence', 'Diversion/Straxus Factor', 'Macromasters' and 'Time Traveller'.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

****, Harry Beejan's stuff appears to be offline too :(
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Orphaned works are one of those situations where I'll just post stuff (possibly with disclaimer to get in touch if bothered, if it seems at all likely)—I just don't have all of the files in this case.

Diversion et al have been down for ages. The site was let lapse due to bandwidth and time, as I recall. I have black & white copies of 1 & 2, colour of 3, and 7 pages of Straxus Factor.

If you've got anything else, denyer@tfarchive.com and mark it TFARCHIVE or TRANSFORMERS FAN COMICS in large, friendly lettering. It makes it easier to spot amongst the spam. FAQ too if that's okay. :)

any decent online fan comics I've missed?

I can only find the first eight pages online now, but Courage Under Fire. However, I did save the full 16 pages from whatever forum I found it on...

http://tfarchive.com/visions/temp/courageunderfire.zip

If you can send me the TT stuff, and any better HB stuff, I'll have an orphaned works upload session...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sounds like you have all of Harry Beejan's stuff :) I'll hold off on TT until we've seen what Ozz has got... Other stuff will be sent when Yahoo stops playing silly buggers :)
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Macromasters can be found here:

http://www.macromasters.5u.com/photo6.html

Link in the FAQ seems to have only cover nowadays.

I have Divergence (which should still be online), Diversion (three chapters, last one in colour), 7 pages of Straxus Factor (Oh, now I get it why they call white Prime at the end "Magnus"! This predates War & Peace, right?), something called The New Minibots which I got from here, six pages of Time Traveller plus cover and pages 1-3 in colour.

And bunch of Transmasters UK comics, which I saved because art looked nice. By the way, is there some timeline for those, or do you just read that one... Globequake was it called?, and go from there?
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Ozz
Macromasters can be found here:

http://www.macromasters.5u.com/photo6.html

Link in the FAQ seems to have only cover nowadays.

I have Divergence (which should still be online), Diversion (three chapters, last one in colour), 7 pages of Straxus Factor (Oh, now I get it why they call white Prime at the end "Magnus"! This predates War & Peace, right?), something called The New Minibots which I got from here, six pages of Time Traveller plus cover and pages 1-3 in colour.

And bunch of Transmasters UK comics, which I saved because art looked nice. By the way, is there some timeline for those, or do you just read that one... Globequake was it called?, and go from there?

Aye, for Macromasters I'll be changing it to the Archive one, as Denyer'll hopefully let me know if it disappears...

Divergence is still live :)

TMUK, I think Denyer tried to sort something but it basically fell through as there were so many people to contact, lots of whom Martin had no contact details for... For reading, basically there are lots of jumping on points, and they tend to explain anything that'll have you really going "...the Hell?". I'd recommend Globequake and The Story of Hubcap as great stories that read well with minimum backlog... And for the comics, A Rage in Hell reads terrifically... if it's not online anywhere, drop me a PM... I do have a timeline somewhere, I'll have a rummage :)

And Denyer, I'll send you Time Traveller as I seem to have the most so far. Osku, will you raise me page 8? ;)
Death's Head
Protoform

Post by Death's Head »

For TMUK stuff I recomend The Underbase - it has synopses, links to online copies, etc. I really should get around to sending my stuff in but I'm so bloody lazy.
SMITH
Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - Guns, Girls and Gorillas!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Ah, the URL's theunderbase! D'oh, silly Cliffy :( Denyer, you might need to tweak that FAQ...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Death's Head
For TMUK stuff I recomend The Underbase - it has synopses, links to online copies, etc.
There seems to be a bit of a problem with some authors not wanting their stuff online, though—it makes it hard to read through a group-written universe.

I tend to enjoy TMUK stuff, but I still don't think it's very accessible/findable for new readers.
Death's Head
Protoform

Post by Death's Head »

Anyone in particular who didn't want their stories online? I cant think why, apart from maybe Eugenesis, but I think James is considering putting that online now.
SMITH
Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - Guns, Girls and Gorillas!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

General feeling with the older stuff (relayed via MM) was that authors would rather people read their current stuff.

I realise some older writings (especially CG2 main strand) aren't always on the ball, but they're a big part of the history of UK fandom. Covers are online, but the strips no longer seem to be. (And they were on an unstable freebie webhost when they were.)

Those who'd had copies of my CDs have got stuff such as the ~94Mb that was up at the CG2 Archive...

Great news about Eugen if it pans out. And if anyone needs bandwidth for any of this, keep us in mind. I can imagine demand for (what's certainly to me, anyway) the best extended TF prose around would be high. :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Denyer, I'll send you Time Traveller as I seem to have the most so far.
*waves*

I'll get comics up, then add the links to the FAQ and update that.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Denyer
*waves*

*Does semaphore for 'Should be with you now, sorry, spaced out there a bit'*