Gun To Your Head Coffee or Tea

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

Do you prefer Coffee or Tea?

Coffee
19%
Tea
65%
I hate them both
16%

Total votes: 31

Aardvark

Gun To Your Head Coffee or Tea

Post by Aardvark »

The title says it all minus the fact that it’s Christopher Walken pointing the gun at you (Fully dressed in his Sleepy Hollow costume might I add)...

So here it is the age-old debate...and no you cannot have both! A good tea or a good coffee, which will you decide???? And there’s no such thing as flavours… :glance:
Plain old tea or plain old coffee?
Anyway I realise the sensitive nature of this topic and I realise people may get offended but I feel it needs to be debated

Me? Prefer the taste of Tea but I drink far more coffee in a vain attempt of boosting my energy.

Oh and one other question; how many cuppas do you go through a day? I do not care to mention the sheer amount that I drink a day...
-Alex???
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Tea. On a work day I've topped 15 cuppas. coffe i don't mind, but it tends to make me hyper for about half an hour, and then burnt-out for three.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Tea easily. It's by far the nicer cuppa.

-Ss
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

Tea easily. I hate coffeee.
EvillEdd
Protoform

Post by EvillEdd »

Tea.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Coffee is digusting. I choose tea.

Though I'm not a big drinker of caffeinated drinks or hot drinks either so I've never actually had more than two cups in a day.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I chose the 3rd option, as I'm not really a fan of either. I suppose I like tea a bit more, in a lesser-of-two-evils sorta way. But when I want a caffinated beverage I just stick to soda.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Heathens! How dare you deny the glory of coffee?!

Yeah, I drink coffee. I usually only have a few cups a week. I really need to drink more of it to speed up my metabolism.

Tea? My ex tried to make me drink it. It's one of those drinks that I don't dislike, but I can live without it.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I don't think it's the flavor of tea or coffee that makes me dislike it, but that I'm a cold beverage kind of guy. And hot drinks just don't refresh me. Even in winter time I like cold drinks.
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Till a year or so back i was like 'Spengs but this last year ive grown fond of a nice hot coffee or tea, gun to the head i'd have to opt for coffee. How many a day i have depends on wether its a work day/day of lectures or a day off.
Typical work day i'll have about 3 or 4 strong cups of it, black no sugar. Whereas on a normal day off of work i'll probably only have the one.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Aardvark
there’s no such thing as flavours…
This depends on how many of your tastebuds have died.

Don't mind coffee, but have no particular love for the taste -- it's a hangover/eggs thing. I like most teas.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Hey hey, there was a :glance: after that. Thats it I'm boycotting the dang smilies for good...

...right after this

Apt...

EDIT: Oh for the love of...
EDIT2:Much better, to quote Father Ted, "Teariffic"
-Alex???
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

'S just that there's a massive difference between even Tetleys and Yorkshire, before you get to teas that aren't usually served with milk...

Coffee, meanwhile, varies from instant to that stuff foreigners serve in little cups that should come with a spoon.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Oh I know and I'm a victim of it...I refuse to drink certain blends and I'm also a big green tea nut aswell. Still a poll isn't a poll unless it has less then 4 options...
-Alex???
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I don't like hot drinks at all, but I do like iced, sweetened tea. In this context though, I hate the both.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Depends on what type of tea is served. Normally, I buy tea leaves as a bulk item from a chinese market and use that. A pot of boiling water for 1-2 minute makes a good tea. However even I can't top the tea my grandmother makes. Mare's milk boiled with tea leaves. Unfouruntaly, I can't find Mare's milk here.

I usually drink it with some milk since it is made that way, but I also can drink without milk is its a milk ration or something like that.

I really don't frink coffee, only one or twice in a year and them I have to go halfway across ontario to get Turkish coffee, thick, black and like molassas. Not some Tim Hortians coffee c**p.
Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Protoform

Post by Grandmaster Shockwaeve »

I can't stand coffee, but drink quite a bit of tea (or, as Douglas Adams would point out, whatever passes for it here in the Far West).
"insert name here"
Protoform

Post by "insert name here" »

i drink tea at a push, i really can't stand coffee at all. i'd much rather have a nice cup of hot chocolate.
Scout

Post by Scout »

I'll take tea with lots of sugar and a bit of milk over coffee any day. At the wonderful age of 4, I mistook coffee that my mom had saved- for grape koolaid (it was in the usual kiddie drink container). One fair gulp and that was the first- and last- time I ever touched the stuff.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Beer.