Peter Steele dead, probably not a hoax.. this time

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Ackula

Peter Steele dead, probably not a hoax.. this time

Post by Ackula »

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/252/ ... -died.html

Type O Negative's brooding front man, and former playgirl centerfold, has apparently died from heart failure. This time it is not a hoax, sources say.

I honestly forgot he existed, truth be told, but in the mid 90's his music was pretty cool to me anyways. I saw them open up for Ozzy Osbourne's supposed retirement tour at some point in the early 90's, pretty good live act back then.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Ackula wrote:http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/252/ ... -died.html

Type O Negative's brooding front man, and former playgirl centerfold, has apparently died from heart failure. This time it is not a hoax, sources say.

I honestly forgot he existed, truth be told, but in the mid 90's his music was pretty cool to me anyways. I saw them open up for Ozzy Osbourne's supposed retirement tour at some point in the early 90's, pretty good live act back then.
Aw. Goddamn it.

Those guys were the shit to me way back when. I still listen to their stuff sometimes. This makes me (kinda) sad.

[edit]ed because, I realised that sounded a bit stronger than I had intended. I'm not about to jump off of a bridge for the guy. :o
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Yeah, I was really fond of their first 2 albums for sure, back in the day. I kinda lost track after their 4th album though, but according to wikipedia they continued to put more stuff out over the years. Oh well, in his own words from one of his songs, "Everything dies".
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Hahah, I won't miss him at all. Ages ago when were a new band, they came to Savannah and played for a local club. Well, the girl I was seeing at the time was a huge fan and just loved that guy to death. She cheated on me with him :) Somehow she worked her way in with the club owner and then the guy.

Kind of funny that is how I remember that band. One of the strangest times I have had an ex- cheat on me.

Thankfully my wife and I celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary this June.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Not to be offensive or anything, but that is just an awesome story :lol:
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Never heard of him.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Neither have I.

And I don't feel inclined to look him up either.
Destruction is my specialty
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

What are you actually for?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Didn't he have a history of heart problems? Or am I misremembering?

World Coming Down was my favourite period for Type O, especially Creepy Green Light.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Fun fact! Last night I wanted to listen to the Descent 2 soundtrack (the game), but it wasn't loaded on my MP3 player. So today I dug out the CDs and noticed that the WMP pulled up the track titles and whatnot, so I looked around online after figured out that I have the disc with the remix versions. As it turns out, the song I really really like from the disc is a cut version of 'Haunted'. So I looked that up on youtube, and lo and behold, I learn of the fellow's existence and death in the same day. It's a bummer.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Denyer wrote: World Coming Down was my favourite period for Type O, especially Creepy Green Light.
I came in with October Rust a few years after it had been released, probably close to the release of World Coming Down. I think I picked up Bloody Kisses around the same time.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!