[UK] Armada 2004 Annual

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

[UK] Armada 2004 Annual

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nothing amazingly exciting, just to pre-warn anyone splashing out on Amazon - it's reprints of US Armada 1-2 & 6, which is a bit random. RRP £5.99.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

£2 off in some big Sainsburys.

I recognised the first issue and figured it was the first three by the page count. I wonder what the kiddies who've bought the UK comic will think of it?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

"Bloody Hell, this is done by people with talent, rather than an unerring desire to pick up a cheque". It's laughable to think Wildman was putting the same effort into Armada UK as he is into the Dark Ages. Dunno why they skipped #3 in favour of #6, of all things, though. #3-5 would have been quite a solid volume of about the same size.
Saul
Protoform

Post by Saul »

That's a bit unfair to people who have already bought the comics. It should state it on the cover somewhere.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Unfair how? It's not sold sealed or anything, so you can easily flick through and see what's inside... and besides the US Armada series has only been avaliable in the UK on import anyway. And what exactly a "reprint of US #1-2 & 6" would mean to the vast majority of the annual's prospective customers is highly debatable...
Saul
Protoform

Post by Saul »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Unfair how? It's not sold sealed or anything, so you can easily flick through and see what's inside... and besides the US Armada series has only been avaliable in the UK on import anyway. And what exactly a "reprint of US #1-2 & 6" would mean to the vast majority of the annual's prospective customers is highly debatable...

Yeah, it is unfair. What if it's been bought as a gift for someone else. Perhaps a parent who knows there son collects the comics and is a big fan might think it would be a nice gift to give them. They aren't going to know the difference.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

So?You run that risk with any comic collection! It's not unfair that my parents went out and brought me the Bloodties TPB when I have all 5 issues really, is it? It's one of those things, and it's hardly my parents fault they have no idea what's in my collection. I say again, how does reprinting three issues of a comic, inside a cover which is based on one of the issues therein, that has not technically been released in the UK [remember that whole license debacle? Amrada #6, for a start, was one of the issues hit] count as unfair?

Or is someone just bitter because they didn't check it first?
Saul
Protoform

Post by Saul »

Chill Man...

All i'm saying is. Is it so much trouble to put on the front cover that the stories inside are reprints of the comics?
It's one of those things, and it's hardly my parents fault they have no idea what's in my collection
Well they might not do that if the cover had said that it's a reprint of those comics. Then your parents might say "oh little timmy might have those already" lets not waste the money.

And anyway... it's only transformers armada :p
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, but they're not reprints of anything published in the UK.

And they're marketed at kids, who aren't typically known for importing comics...

Sheesh. I don't want to be sober.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by Denyer
Sheesh. I don't want to be sober.

I'm kindea glad I:m not